Kuinness Thread of Kerbal Records

Hello all and welcome to the Kuinness Thread of Kerbal Records!

This may not sound like a challenge to some but I do here propose a thread, A GREAT THREAD!, of magnificent accomplishments witnessed by Kerbal-kind. A thread that holds all the records be it common or challenged. Where just 1(or more depending on specifics) of each category or challenge is held high amongst all Kerbals. Most common categories will hold 2 record positions, stock and modded. A lot of challenges are set this way also or maybe more, but only the ones in first in each sub-category are deemed record holders per their category.

Categories will be created by myself as challenges and by the community. Categories may have sub-categories as stock, modded or modified challenge parameters as example: The fastest plane under 1000m challenge would be categorized as

Fastest Plane

Under 1000m

Stock = Record

Modded= Record

The challenges of other threads will only be placed here only by the permission of the challenge maker and linked to their challenge. Records will also be linked to their post of proof.

Rules:

NO CHEATING! of course. No hyperedit, debug, file manipulation as some examples.

Proof is needed to be a record holder be it screenshots, videos, craft file or save file.

Please mention if your record attempt has mods or was stock.

Each challenge will also have their own set of rules.

So let the records begin!

While this sounds like a REALLY good idea, isn't it gonna get a little crowded on this page? I see great things as a separate webpage, links and all!

I must agree, a seperate webpage with different categories seems more interesting, BUT we also have a fan works library, so it can be done. And if I may suggest only posting the top 3 records of every challenge. Just to prevent a several miles long OP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright. I'll get started in that.

Now, Pockrtplanesairways, was that with a manned rocket, manned plane, probe rocket or probe plane?

My idea is to get a little bit more detail. Also, you didn't read the requirements, you need proof. So your record is not accepted.

Edited by B11267

Well, seeing as I'm the current Website creator, can we please get some more requirements for the record, as in probe, manned, plane, multi-mission in one? Please, it will make everything a lot easier.

Well my turn.

Fastest under 1000,

Set by yours truly:)

1,714 M/S

Manned plane

Plane name: Dragons fire

Plane specs:

Fuel 1, half tank, 4 quarter tanks

Control: 4 small control surfaces, 5sas units and mk2 cockpit

Propulsion, 5 kerpulsion turbojets, 1 radial intake

Landing: 3 small gear and two real chute drag chutes

Pics: well I can't get to imgur right now but here is a link to the challenge

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65788-Fastest-Plane-under-1-000m-WE-HAVE-REACHED-MACH-5%21-Tidus-Klein-at-1-714-m-s?highlight=Fastest+1000

Edited by Tidus Klein

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.