Mid-career mun/minmus rocket very easy to fly.

Hey guys! This is my first post!

(There are no pics using it because I decided to post it at the last minute, sorry!)

So I made my first successfull ship, a mid-career rocket which is capable of getting to the Mun or Minmus and back with very little fuel left, if helped with RCS which is very efficient in higher orbits.

XW9Knle.png?1

So, it consists in 5 stages, the first one entirely made of solid fuel boosters:

SzR7K3C.png?1

The second one, consists in 5 liquid fuel boosters, a central one and 4 externals which are connected to the central one, providing it with fuel until they dry out and the central fuel tank starts to pump. This stage is used for getting into orbit, and doing the gravity turn: (there are two stages here)

gM1s2QI.png?1

This stage is the lander and maneuver stage. This is the most efficient stage of the rocket, since it's small and the rocket itself is very powerful. With the help of RCS there isn't much of a burn to get to Minmus's orbit:

hFPm7WD.png?1

And the last one is the capsule decoupled and ready for returning into the atmosphere and landing safely with a parachute:

3GHSa0w.png?2

Download file: http://www./view/beoy7opwji557im/MRX.craft

Let me know what you think in the comments!

This is very similar to how I design the landers in early game, although I tend to add the basic girder between the tanks and the landing gear to widen it improve stability and prevent it from tipping over if I accidentally land on uneven terrain.

I might as well try, but the problem that I had, and it was why I changed to the LV-T45 is because the lander is the one who completes the orbit, and with the LV-909 it wasn't powerful enough and I ended reentering the atmosphere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.