[WIP] Personal Mod, possible release, Viper mk VII

EpytronOmega

Hello all,

I have been playing KSP for a couple of months now and absolutely love it. Now I make models for other games, most recently Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Some time ago, A man named Coxxon Released his Battlestar Galactica models on Sci-fi Meshes, and I downloaded them, so I have had them for awhile. Now I plan on doing expansion components, like a extending docking clamp, and other things similar to that, but to test how to export and everything I decided to go with something a little more complex. That is where the Viper Mk VII comes in.

2014-02-05_00004.jpg

When I first imported it, all I did was the mesh, didn't break it up or anything. Now I am going through and breaking it up, so far it is in 2 parts, the main ship, and the engines.

2014-02-05_00006.jpg

2014-02-05_00007.jpg

Problem is, I cannot get the engines to work. They are currently set up as clones of the standard jet engines, but they will not work. Says they are at full thrust, but doesn't go anywhere. Can someone please help with this?

EO

You need to go into unity and make a ThrustTransform to get the thrust to work. :)

how exactly do I do that in Unity? I haven't really used the program before. NVM, figured it out. Just have to fix my collision mesh and this model should be ready to go.

Edited by EpytronOmega

So after I have done some major editing to the cfg files, to make the engine NOT blow off the ship, editing to the collision mesh, as well as a couple other things, I have been able to get the ship into orbit!

2014-02-07_00001.jpg

Now, I have a major question. right now it has a major reaction wheel, so that it can simulate the movement of a Viper, but I want to go one up. I want the ship to be a giant RCS port. With the ports on the front, and the ports on the back, and everything in between animating, showing that they are working, just like the show. can someone help me with that?

• 1 month later...

ok here is an update for everyone, I have hardpointed the model with RCS Thrusters, and was trying it out. this is what I got so far, I might add a couple more here and there maybe for effect from the show. I will look into it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.