Clamp o tron shielded docking port is locked and can't use it

I was able to unlock the docking ports and was doing a test to attempt a dock while in orbit. For what I can tell it was successful, did a quicksave and tried an EVA just for fun and noticed both ships were separated. Did a quick load and the ships were not only separated but one of the docks was closed. When I right click on it I see that says "Status: Locked" and can't get it to open again. What happened? Is a bug? Did I break it? Is the last question even a feature in the game?

Heres how it looks

5SUGJ0J.jpg

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Seems like the docking bug. You want to find the bit of code in either your persistant (Or quicksave) that looks like the below:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDockingNode
isEnabled = True
state = Ready
dockUId = 0
dockNodeIdx = 0

If it looks like anything other than what is posted (state = Ready dockUId = 0 dockNodeIdx = 0) change it accordingly on both vessels.

I see. That fixed it thanks. Also it is known why it triggers? Or its kinda luck with it? So I can try to avoid whatever makes the bug appear.

It's mostly luck of the draw, I have had it happen reliably when translating across the docking port slow enough that the magnets engage, but fast enough that they don't engage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.