KCST present: The FANTASTIC FuelFactory

The burning rate is negative xD (-10)

But if you build 4 of these for an engine with burnrate 40 you have unlimited fuel =P

'Problem BP??'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should be connected with a fueltank

This appears to be a massive cheat part
How does one cheat in a game with no direction, no purpose, no objectives, no rules, no points, no scoring, no multiplayer, and an open configuration file? You can\'t even argue it\'s unbalanced when the devs just used random values for the vanilla parts. The config file is either parsed and accepted, or it\'s not.

How does one cheat in a game with no direction, no purpose, no objectives, no rules, no points, no scoring, no multiplayer, and an open configuration file? You can\'t even argue it\'s unbalanced when the devs just used random values for the vanilla parts. The config file is either parsed and accepted, or it\'s not.

just stop, its hopeless

It\'s not exactly cheating per se. It\'s a new spin on things.

Instead of it just giving you unlimited fuel, you get to choose when to use it.

Like he said, to save a mission.

I can see this being useful if you\'re trying to test a bug, or a flight path and you unexpectedly run out of fuel for whatever reason.

Instead of having to redo the whole thing, you can at least test the rest of your mission by kicking this part into gear.

It\'s not exactly cheating per se. It\'s a new spin on things.

Instead of it just giving you unlimited fuel, you get to choose when to use it.

Like he said, to save a mission.

I can see this being useful if you\'re trying to test a bug, or a flight path and you unexpectedly run out of fuel for whatever reason.

Instead of having to redo the whole thing, you can at least test the rest of your mission by kicking this part into gear.

Piss-poor excuse for a cheat part. If you\'re really testing junk, just use cfg edits.

These should become a part on their own I think... to a point. Their performance should be inversely proportional to the current thrust. IE: If you are powering into space at full thrust, you aren\'t going to recover fuel, BUT if you are in an orbit and you aren\'t performing any thrusting, you should regain fuel slowly.

These should become a part on their own I think... to a point. Their performance should be inversely proportional to the current thrust. IE: If you are powering into space at full thrust, you aren\'t going to recover fuel, BUT if you are in an orbit and you aren\'t performing any thrusting, you should regain fuel slowly.

Why and how?

Piss-poor excuse for a cheat part. If you\'re really testing junk, just use cfg edits.

Rubbish. Cheating at what? It\'s his sandbox and he can play in it how he likes. That he should be generous enough to want to share that experience with others is something you would do well to be grateful for.

Rubbish. Cheating at what? It\'s his sandbox and he can play in it how he likes. That he should be generous enough to want to share that experience with others is something you would do well to be grateful for.

There is no reward when you cheat. It feels better when you actually achieve something, instead of getting frustrated and deciding to cheat.

There is no such thing as cheating in a sandbox game. In order for something to be a cheat, there has to be some form of competition. As this member is just tweaking things to his personal liking, there is no cheating.

Please stop berating other users for playing the game the way they want to, there are no rules to cheat here.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

There is no such thing as cheating in a sandbox game. In order for something to be a cheat, there has to be some form of competition. As this member is just tweaking things to his personal liking, there is no cheating.

Please stop berating other users for playing the game the way they want to, there are no rules to cheat here.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

I wouldn\'t call arguing berating, but I\'m not in the mood to argue my point anymore.

Do you think deleting the posts is a good idea?

Once we get vanilla parts that aren\'t mere placeholders, and a campaign mode of some description, then you\'ll be able to call some balanced or not (even then still not \'cheating\', just not campaign balanced).

At this stage we should be looking to encourage people to try everything they can. It\'ll expose weaknesses in the code base, and ferment ideas, ideas that might not have occurred to the dev team yet. There

There might be a better way to \'play\' the game, lets not shut ourselves off from those any concept by being narrow minded, elitist, or selfish.

I wouldn\'t call arguing berating, but I\'m not in the mood to argue my point anymore.

Okay then, stop arguing with others here on the forums. Debate and discussion are one thing, but you are chiding someone for 'cheating' when it\'s impossible to cheat. Also, as imdying pointed out, we are here to test this game and that includes tweaking user accessible settings to try and break the game.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Why and how?

Clearly it would have to go in the list of suggested features, only Harv could implement such a feature. As the good Capt\'n says:

There is no such thing as cheating in a sandbox game.

So if it was going to be implemented, if it had enough support, it would probably be logical to wait for campaign to come along.

There is no reward when you cheat. It feels better when you actually achieve something, instead of getting frustrated and deciding to cheat.

Then don\'t use it, meanwhile I will be in happy-my-rocket-doesn\'t-run-out-of-fuel-land. Every now and again it\'s fun to sit back and not have to worry about fuel, but rather enjoying the flying (atleast for me). So how exactly does the part work? Would it be possible to edit the cfg file of, lets say a solar panel from the probe-kit to work the same way?

It was desined to refull fuel on a kerbol trip with space stations, cause nobody can take enought fuel for a kerbol visit.......

This is why people are quick to shout 'cheater'. By assuming that it\'s impossible to carry enough fuel for a kerbol visit, and making a cheat part to do just that. It implies a lack of will and effort to them. (I\'m not saying this is what you\'re doing, but...)

However, it\'s certainly possible to carry enough fuel for a kerbol trip. You just need to make the vehicle as light as possible, and efficient as possible.

This is why people are quick to shout 'cheater'. By assuming that it\'s impossible to carry enough fuel for a kerbol visit, and making a cheat part to do just that. It implies a lack of will and effort to them. (I\'m not saying this is what you\'re doing, but...)

However, it\'s certainly possible to carry enough fuel for a kerbol trip. You just need to make the vehicle as light as possible, and efficient as possible.

IE you must defy the complete and utter definition of 'kerbal'.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.