The perfect joystick for KSP

My extreme 3d pro arrives today, I'm also trying out a 3d mouse (I love gadgets and also want to try some 3d modeling eventually is how I justify it). For me keyboards are a pain and if I can get it set up to use the joystick and 3d+standard mouse most of the time I'll be thrilled. I'll let you know my experiences over this weekend if you're interested.

My mouse has extra buttons on it but unfortunately their placement is poor (it's a very small mouse due to physical problems I have with larger mice like Logitech's) and I'm always pressing the wrong one so I don't use them which is too bad they would be very handy (I could just set most of them to do the same thing, but hardly seems worth installing Razer's annoying software just for that).

• 5 months later...

When I fly planes I use a Logitech F710 gamepad, basically the equivalent of an Xbox 360 controller.

It's a thousand times better than flying with the keyboard. Maybe not as good as a full flightsim setup, but I think it's perfectly adequate for KSP, cheaper, and useful for tons of other games too.

Left stick: Pitch/roll

Right stick: Camera

Triggers: Yaw (analog yaw controls via triggers requires a manual config edit, but it can work)

A: Throttle down

Y: Throttle up

X: Brakes

B: Cut engines

Right bumper: Staging

Left Bumper: SAS toggle

Stick clicks: Zoom in/out

Back: Map

Start: ESC menu

D-pad: Currently unused. I should put lights and landing gear on here...

Edited by zarakon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.