How to get large ship into orbit?

ok, hi

I have a huge 750 part 150 kerbal ship that i want to get into orbit. I can get it to 72k and nearly get it into orbit but its doesnt quite have enough fuel to create a stable orbit(or any orbit)

Short of admitting that a rocket this big just isnt practical or worth the lives of 200+ kerbals and counting, does anyone have any tips on getting it to go a little further. once its in a stable orbit i can dock my refuelling tanker and refuel it so how much fuel it has left isnt an issue. Afraid i havent got an image.

Any tips would be appreciated.

For every ton you add to the upper stage for orbital insertion, you usually have to add at least 6 tons or more, depending on payload fraction, to the main rocket. Your best bet is try and break the thing into several smaller sections and assemble in orbit . . . . or you could add a little bit of fuel to the upper and some SRBs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.