making a simple program that talks to you "need testers"

nasa123

Im making a program with kind of the same codes of qbasic in python the reson im making this is cause that my site been open for a long time i do get vists lots of them but they dont join cause i have no games out right now and it might be a while before i have a real game so i have this 'place holder' game i do need help on this game cause of how much code of line there is. i will never stop updateing this game intill i run out of ALL ideas so the last version might have like 50,0000 line of code

I meant in general... Surely a project like this will take a few weeks/months, and so surely it will eat up a lot of your time... Meaning less time to do school work.

Its a game thats just inputs and prints LOL

Its a game thats just inputs and prints LOL

You said it would end up having half a million lines of code... and it sounded like you wanted to basically create an AI... Or at least simulate one. That sounds like a tough, time consuming project for an 11 year old with school work to do.

Don\'t get me wrong, I admire your ambition... but still... you\'ve got to be realistic.

You said it would end up having half a million lines of code... and it sounded like you wanted to basically create an AI... Or at least simulate one. That sounds like a tough, time consuming project for an 11 year old with school work to do.

Don\'t get me wrong, I admire your ambition... but still... you\'ve got to be realistic.

OMG damnit 11 years and making a game of 500k lines of code :o

My program is super simple, just to test my programming skills but I\'m pretty proud of my 750 line code program :)

ontopic: When I was 11 years old i had totally no work for school. But damnit now, I\'m 13, I have every day ton of work :(

on topic 2: I just downloaded that Talk to my robot link. But the file has a .py extansion. How to open it?

OMG damnit 11 years and making a game of 500k lines of code :o

My program is super simple, just to test my programming skills but I\'m pretty proud of my 750 line code program :)

ontopic: When I was 11 years old i had totally no work for school. But damnit now, I\'m 13, I have every day ton of work :(

on topic 2: I just downloaded that Talk to my robot link. But the file has a .py extansion. How to open it?

All i do is pattern of inputs and prints SO simple!

Google is your friend.

Haha indeed. * and wikipedia

I downloaded Python and played the game. lol

edit: btw this is going to be very boring if this was a 500k line program... Ohh man thousands of questions... :(

Not well...

I\'m putting the project on hold at the moment.

I have too much to deal with in RL.

I\'m going to continue making small Python programs.

can you give me a copy of the game i want to see what you have so far im good at editing sciprts and adding small stuff if it is alredey kind of pre build

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Use direct3D9

Direct3D 9 isn\'t a engine, its a library used by game engines (I think). He is still looking for an engine, which on the thread that he started (I think), the frontrunner was the Unity3D engine, followed by the Unreal engine 3 which you can\'t release games from the free version (I think).

Direct3D 9 isn\'t a engine, its a library used by game engines (I think). He is still looking for an engine, which on the thread that he started (I think), the frontrunner was the Unity3D engine, followed by the Unreal engine 3 which you can\'t release games from the free version (I think).

No you can\'t release games from the FREE beta...

Unity 3D is the worst engine for my game.

(Can\'t create rovers and stuff with it.)

Direct3D 9 isn\'t a engine, its a library used by game engines (I think).

You\'re right. DirectX (also XNA and OpenGL) is not an engine, it is an Application Programming Interface (API) which allows your programs to access GPU resources. Game Engines (and any other graphics engine, for that matter) are built on top of these APIs, removing the need for game developers to really worry about rendering... all they then need to do is script the game and create the content. It is more complicated than that, but that is effectively what a game engine is about... abstracting the development as much as possible so that more focus can be put on the important parts.