Accessing an Android's HDD?

Themohawkninja

So, apparently Twitter (an app that I never touch) is using 95.5% of my data usage, and is responsible for why my mother had to pay extra on our phone bill. Since I have such an old version of the Android OS, I can't uninstall the program, and since you can't seem to update the OS, I want to know how to access the HDD of an Android phone once it's plugged in to a desktop via USB so I can manually delete the program.

So, apparently Twitter (an app that I never touch) is using 95.5% of my data usage, and is responsible for why my mother had to pay extra on our phone bill. Since I have such an old version of the Android OS, I can't uninstall the program, and since you can't seem to update the OS, I want to know how to access the HDD of an Android phone once it's plugged in to a desktop via USB so I can manually delete the program.

I think this question is more adequate to some support forum like StackExchange or something like that, but to make it quick, if it was bundled with your android when you bought it, you can't delete it like that. You'll have to root your Android in order to really remove it, but I don't think you'd be asking that here if you knew how to do that safely. You should be able to disable it on the app info screen, or just remove the credentials so it will run but won't connect.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.