Miranda. My new favourite solar system body?

vetrox

IMO using the "correct" Latin pronunciation just makes it sound like you're desperately trying to avoid the "your anus" joke, and thereby draws attention to it.

Nice pics though OP. Just goes to show how much great exploration there is to do within the solar system. We've only just scratched the surface really.

While we talk about funny planet names we should just say it in generic Slavianic style - "Uran" spelled "ãрðý", it eliminates the trouble of Ur-anus and the weird Urin-us (witch sounds like urine to me :P).

Im sure CGP grey has a video about the unfortunate planet.after all that is where i borrowed the Slavianic naming.

Edited by MC.STEEL

Voyager probes generated 470 W, Cassini 880, and New Horizons 228. I'm guessing a large part part of that is because you need a big antenna to transmit a useful amount of data all the way to Earth.

An antenna does not need more power the bigger it is. But generally more distance requires more radiated power, and when the gain of the antenna can't be increased due to limitations on size, the only way to get more radiated power is to increase the output power of the transmitter, which requires a more powerful electricity supply.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.