Lazy, looking for biome planet/moon texture.

Cheers.

I´m in the process of gathering science by visiting biomes on Minmus and then Mun. Being a lazy (efficient?) fellow I was wondering if one can find replacement planet textures colored by biome? I´m having a hard time correlating the biome pictures and maps I find online to what I see in map mode around Minmus.

Not sure I can help with your specific problem, but you can do a crew report in orbit to tell you what biome you're over. So, if you're orbiting Minmus and you see you're over the Greater Flats, you can tell the Great Flats are to the west, there are some highlands to the east, etc.

I can't find highlands anywhere on Minmus, but it's usually pretty easy to find lowlands, midlands, and slopes all bunched together on any old cliffside. The flats biomes are easy to pick out, but the upper biomes are all churned up and senseless, unless they relate to regolith from varying eras being revealed after a major resurfacing event. Lastly, the poles are easy. And I don't know where to find a mod that has the biomes colored but it would be cool to have.

Highlands are not hard to find either. Just look for regions that look very mountainous to you. Then in those regions, see if you can find any peaks or areas that are colored a lot darker than the surrounding areas. Those are the highlands. There's actually quite a lot of such area, it's really hard to miss.

It's practically exactly what Tordan is asking for - the biome has its own color texture ;)

That biome overlay looks wonderful. I can't wait to give it a try. One question though, do you just give us the overlay, or does it need to be scanned from orbit with something like scansat? (which I think would be more realistic)

Just given, initially. Some kind of scanning (or other appropriate requirement) is planned though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.