[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

Well you see I'm still juggling between this and stretchy, I've tried both but I regularly check this for updates until I find the benefits outweigh those of strechy's. I just figured it'd be a little faster easier if those updates/changes were displaced on OP :P

Ah. Well in that case I understand. Bias as I may be, I think theres only one reason to use stretchy over this, and thats if you can't live without keyboard resizing. Otherwise, this has everything that stretchy has, plus more stuff, such as heatshields, mod tanks and tweakables.

I still can not figure this equation out... can I get an example or something the numbers I'm getting are in the range of 300 heat production but my rocket blows up before it's even 1/2 done with it's fuel...

hey just change the part CFG to ablative sheilding not to hard hope this helps

Change which part? The heatshield? If so, it already has it, although it currently scales with volume rather than surface area. And helps with what?

I'm quite busy at the moment, but if your willing to do some of the work, I'll make a config for you. Just fill out this (https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/blob/master/Source/CalcsAndModels/ModTanks.xlsx) spreadsheet with ECLSS data, and it'll be really easy to make one. PM me if you have any questions.

If anyone else has a mcod they want me to add, feel free to do the same thing.

Hi! I have weird bugs with large procedural SRBs. Cannot reproduce 100%, but usually large SRBs get bugged while smaller ones do not.

When a spacecraft initializes on a launchpad, SRB nozzle can spawn in weird places. Sometimes it just floats in the air, sometimes it gets stuck inside other parts, sometimes the rocket gets instantly destroyed by "aerodynamic forces" on load. Changing SRB parameters (diameter/length) and/or removing parts from spacecraft gets the nozzle to spawn in different places, but it doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.

Example: "Ares I"-inspired rocket, nozzle spawns inside the SRB, if I remove some parts, it also will move.

F4ej7Nz.jpg

Using RO/RSS/RF mods.

There are no related errors in the log, just lines like these:

[LOG 00:34:59.702] Procedural Surface SRB: Geometry model created; Size: [4.00000143051147, 55.0000076293945, 5.71974515914917], LD [4.00000143051147, 4.00000095367432, 0], UD [3.99451947212219, 5.71700763702393, 0]
Surface area: 765.08325655572
Fineness Ratio: 11.3171690479875
TaperRatio: 1.2139405268608
Cross Sectional Area: 17.9691157986431
Cross Sectional Tapered Area: 5.95208513002299
Major-minor axis ratio: 0.699332106451136
Centroid: [0, 1.9052311202287, 1.71974754333496]

Any help?

Is it possible to add textures To this mod? Like if I wanted a KW style tank what would I have to do to make that happen? (Or an AIES style)

Read the text files that come with the mod. There's some helpful advice about getting your own textures to work.

Hi! I have weird bugs with large procedural SRBs. Cannot reproduce 100%, but usually large SRBs get bugged while smaller ones do not.

When a spacecraft initializes on a launchpad, SRB nozzle can spawn in weird places. Sometimes it just floats in the air, sometimes it gets stuck inside other parts, sometimes the rocket gets instantly destroyed by "aerodynamic forces" on load. Changing SRB parameters (diameter/length) and/or removing parts from spacecraft gets the nozzle to spawn in different places, but it doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.

Example: "Ares I"-inspired rocket, nozzle spawns inside the SRB, if I remove some parts, it also will move.

http://i.imgur.com/F4ej7Nz.jpg

Any help?

Are you using the last version of Procedural Fairings? It have strange interference with procedural SRB's and tanks.

Are you using the last version of Procedural Fairings? It have strange interference with procedural SRB's and tanks.

No, I use the 2.x.x version from a ~week ago, and the rocket on the right doesn't have any Procedural Fairings parts in it at all, just pod, heatshield, decoupler and SRB.

The launchpad tank which is supposed to hold metal seems to hold food instead. Easy fix, but just wanted to let you know.

Hah. Sorry. That was a result of me copying the config from the TAC tank. Will be fixed in the next release.

Then again, we don't actually know what kerbals eat. Their so called 'snacks' could be metal scraps.

Huh. For some reason, I no longer get an option to change the procedural fuel tank's shape... just diameter and length. Did I miss something?

Recently, I've installed the new procedural fairings (with multiple node coupler thingy).

Huh. For some reason, I no longer get an option to change the procedural fuel tank's shape... just diameter and length. Did I miss something?

Recently, I've installed the new procedural fairings (with multiple node coupler thingy).

They use a common dll, it's probably the source of the problem. I have the same issues atm.

No, I use the 2.x.x version from a ~week ago, and the rocket on the right doesn't have any Procedural Fairings parts in it at all, just pod, heatshield, decoupler and SRB.

Please update to v3.0.1 of Procedural Fairings as eDog included an updated KSPAPIExtensions with this version which should no longer conflict with PP

Please update to v3.0.1 of Procedural Fairings as eDog included an updated KSPAPIExtensions with this version which should no longer conflict with PP

Why do I need to update Procedural Fairings if the problem exists WITHOUT Procedural Fairings installed?

OK, I installed PF 3.01 and it just broke Procedural Parts - now I can't change tank shapes anymore.

Anyway, here's a simple craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxpoysbj2hiw24p/srbtest.zip

Procedural Parts + RealFuels + Realism Overhaul, nothing else.

Just a pod, a decoupler and a procedural SRB. And clamps.

It looks like this:

BGtE3p9.jpg

Yes, I must confirm that Procedural Parts 0.9.8 is incompatible with Procedural Fairings 3.01. Install both mods, and the fairings work correctly but PP is completely broken. Can't resize parts, nodes in previously saved vehicles are broken, etc. :(