Lady Athena's "Star Wars" Mod

LadyAthena

No, that's okay. Though do keep in mind that a 64 bit version exists, it just doesn't work on windows. Hopefully this is something that will be fixed in an upcoming update. I just ask that you keep in mind you might have to make radical changes once in a while to keep the mod up to date with the game.

No, that's okay. Though do keep in mind that a 64 bit version exists, it just doesn't work on windows. Hopefully this is something that will be fixed in an upcoming update. I just ask that you keep in mind you might have to make radical changes once in a while to keep the mod up to date with the game.

Really there's a 64 bit version? Have they said they'd make it available for Windows? This really needs to be done imo, with how active the modding community is....

I also understand that I will probably have to do some huge fixes sometimes depending on if and how they change how certain things work.

Yeah, to my knowledge, the 64 bit run program only works for Linux and Mac users because Unity, the engine the game is built on, doesn't currently support 64 bit for Windows. Sadly this means the update I was talking about isn't from Squad but from the makers of the Unity engine.

Good luck on this, it was something I briefly thought about myself, with a more Star Trek lean, but I have zero free time and no skills for making the custom models/programing/textures I had envisioned ^_^.

Yeah, to my knowledge, the 64 bit run program only works for Linux and Mac users because Unity, the engine the game is built on, doesn't currently support 64 bit for Windows. Sadly this means the update I was talking about isn't from Squad but from the makers of the Unity engine.

Good luck on this, it was something I briefly thought about myself, with a more Star Trek lean, but I have zero free time and no skills for making the custom models/programing/textures I had envisioned ^_^.

Not for Macs yet - I sure wish though.

Neither do I... I gotta learn how to edit the stuff, which I will, I'm pretty good at figuring that stuff out. At first the pre alpha version will probably just be nothing more than re edited stock version of everything, until at least, I find people willing to texture :3..... I know nothing "wow" right out of the gate, but I'll pave the road.

If I was you, I'd develop the contract system after you've developed your 'futuristic science' point system.

Personally, I'd love a mod which adds to the tech tree and makes you work to get it. All the mods I have now basically did this because once I reach the end of the tech tree I feel its very much 'game over'.

I'd love to develop ion drives to the point where they can lift a capital ship from a planet's surface to orbit and then onto hyperspace. Go into the Interstellar Medium, do some research then return with your data ready to unlock some crazy new tech that could hyperwarp you to the nearest star system.

If I was you, I'd develop the contract system after you've developed your 'futuristic science' point system.

Personally, I'd love a mod which adds to the tech tree and makes you work to get it. All the mods I have now basically did this because once I reach the end of the tech tree I feel its very much 'game over'.

I'd love to develop ion drives to the point where they can lift a capital ship from a planet's surface to orbit and then onto hyperspace. Go into the Interstellar Medium, do some research then return with your data ready to unlock some crazy new tech that could hyperwarp you to the nearest star system.

That's the direction I'm hoping to go, engines powerful enough to do that, etc.

I am also planning on making science labs extremely important for these new techs as well, too the point that the much much later techs will require several in-game years with multiple science labs "connected" via special transmitters recievers constantly talking too each other etc too accomplish.

The Transmitters/recievers will be special, that any within range will add a multiplier to the science gain, but at first they'll be weak, only capable of talking within the same planet/moon, than it'll slowly be upgraded as you unlock more too allow it to the next nearest planet and moons (if and when they are within range during the cycles), it'll eventually get too the point that you can have bases and stations talk too each other from any range within the solar system, but even then the science gain wont be super fast.

My over all goal is too make the process slow so that it's not just a huge chunk of accomplishments like atm, and that too truly unlock everything will require a very long time to do while building, upgrading, and exploring adding multipliers too the science input.

If it's that big and it crashes an Install running 32 bit you may need to re-work your plans cause nobody knows when KSP is gonna adopt the 64 bit Unity code.

Well I know that I"ll have too uninstall nearly all my current mods to make this one. That's already making me ugh.. Even though I'll gladly do it too make this, but that makes me wonder.. how many other people are willing to uninstall mods that are in and of themselves, really great like B9, and multiple of other huge mods that add a ton of awesome parts..... I may need to wait...

Well I know that I"ll have too uninstall nearly all my current mods to make this one. That's already making me ugh.. Even though I'll gladly do it too make this, but that makes me wonder.. how many other people are willing to uninstall mods that are in and of themselves, really great like B9, and multiple of other huge mods that add a ton of awesome parts..... I may need to wait...

What makes you so sure that this will be a massive mod, in terms of file size? Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen it doesn't appear that you've started, so how can you possibly know the size of the finished project. It all depends on how many new models and textures you use, and the quality of those additions. Don't give up hope yet. Although I do still think it's a good idea to have a "stripped" copy of KSP when modding.

What makes you so sure that this will be a massive mod, in terms of file size? Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen it doesn't appear that you've started, so how can you possibly know the size of the finished project. It all depends on how many new models and textures you use, and the quality of those additions. Don't give up hope yet. Although I do still think it's a good idea to have a "stripped" copy of KSP when modding.

Quite simple really... Comparing the size of B9, and other larger mods, which have less parts than I'm planning, and the size they take up, (which is including the lesser texture packs already). There literally is no way I can make this mod without stripping most of my mods off.

I think you should work on it, not only because I would like to see this mod done, but also because even if you find out it is a massive mod that you will have to change it will still be good practice. Also, if you focus on the tech tree first using modified stock parts until you have custom models, you can get active feedback from us on balance issues. Or you could do it the way other modders do, and work on this mod one part at a time, building up to your goal.

Either way, I suggest doing something to maintain your interest in making this mod. ^_^

I think you should work on it, not only because I would like to see this mod done, but also because even if you find out it is a massive mod that you will have to change it will still be good practice. Also, if you focus on the tech tree first using modified stock parts until you have custom models, you can get active feedback from us on balance issues. Or you could do it the way other modders do, and work on this mod one part at a time, building up to your goal.

Either way, I suggest doing something to maintain your interest in making this mod. ^_^

You make very good points... I think I will do this.. THank you :) Now.. just to learn how.. XD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Now that 64 bit is coming to .24 along with contracts, etc. etc. After a few weeks of playing .24, I will be actively starting on this mod :) Just a heads up!

YAY! This is great news and I wish you the best of luck! I can't wait for progress!

• 1 month later...

Looks like a good project. I hate to be a downer, but you're probably limited to something no bigger than a few hundred meters for largest ship... about a small frigate from SW I'd guess. I tried a 1.5km ship, controls don't work, can barely zoom out enough to see the entire ship. Maybe this can be changed with some plugin magic, I dunno.

look forward to seeing how this developes. :)

Edited by nli2work

Mostly Excited for the planets :D.

I actually stumbled upon this looking for a Star Wars mod for PlanetFactory CE,

best of luck, and happy modding!

~Darth

Thank you. I hope to start on it soon. However being a developer myself and working on another game, this may need to be put on the back burner (I was unemployed when I was going to make this mod)

Looks like a good project. I hate to be a downer, but you're probably limited to something no bigger than a few hundred meters for largest ship... about a small frigate from SW I'd guess. I tried a 1.5km ship, controls don't work, can barely zoom out enough to see the entire ship. Maybe this can be changed with some plugin magic, I dunno.

look forward to seeing how this developes. :)

I'm hoping with the introduction of 64 bit, the size of vessels will be able to be pushed larger :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.