Thinking About trying Space Engineers

flyin_ruski

SE have a weird bug when I tried that in my friend's computer. The top speed there is at ~100 m/s, slow by today's standard, and if you achieve that top speed and you get out from your control console you couldn't walk forward because of the speed limit...

SE have a weird bug when I tried that in my friend's computer. The top speed there is at ~100 m/s, slow by today's standard, and if you achieve that top speed and you get out from your control console you couldn't walk forward because of the speed limit...

Yes, the speed limit is only 104 m/s :(

The game itself is pretty cool, but the MP is quite buggy. I'm pretty sure though, that it gets better with every update. One thin I'm missing since today is the ability to use small ship parts in large ships. I built a vessel, with quite spacious cabins for a crew of six, but after finishing ship, those cabins seemed so empty, almost like prison cells. I would have loved to build some furniture using the small parts.

I tried space engineers some time ago thinking it would be fun and have some cool physics simulations. Boy was i wrong. The gravity is all wrong and unrealistic(ie if you step off a ledge in space you start falling away from the object. I ended up just playing it for 30 min and those 30 min i wish i had spent on something else) i know its alpha and all but this is the kind of game i can already see is going in a wrong direction and is fundementally flawed in its gameplay.

All is only my opinion ofcourse. Im sure some ppl found it enjoyable. For reference i really dont like minecraft. So if you like that then this follows a similar concept with the blocks.

Edited by landeTLS

I tried space engineers some time ago thinking it would be fun and have some cool physics simulations. Boy was i wrong. The gravity is all wrong and unrealistic(ie if you step off a ledge in space you start falling away from the object. I ended up just playing it for 30 min and those 30 min i wish i had spent on something else) i know its alpha and all but this is the kind of game i can already see is going in a wrong direction and is fundementally flawed in its gameplay.

All is only my opinion ofcourse. Im sure some ppl found it enjoyable. For reference i really dont like minecraft. So if you like that then this follows a similar concept with the blocks.

Honestly that is a good question. If we in the future succeeds to invent artificial gravity without tricks like using centrifugal force, will that gravity generator/gravity plating emits gravity at all directions or only at one point like a spotlight? I have seen Halo 4 Spartan Assault in youtube and the 4 km large mothership drops smaller ~500m spacecrafts in space. ---->>>> lets split this question into a new thread before derailing this thread

Out of interest, if you didn't like minecraft, why did you expect to like minecraft in space?

Out of interest, if you didn't like minecraft, why did you expect to like minecraft in space?

Well. I really like space games. So i usually atleast try games of the genre and especially indie games. It took a long time for me to discover ksp because i wasnt sure id like it so today i keep an open mind. But i think my expectations regarding Orbital mechanics and gravity simulation i got from ksp has ruined most other games for me:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.