How did find this game?

virtualgames32

Guest Flixxbeatz

Youtube. Specifically, this video: (WARNING: MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO OTHERS)

Then I\'ve searched more videos of this game, until to the point that I decided to try it myself :D

Glad you asked. I heard about KSP last Fall from this black-clad Asian geek chick / gamer girl in one of the classes at my college. In retrospect she did a good job of piquing my curiosity. She only mentioned it once as 'something you might be interested in' followed by 'I can\'t get to orbit and I keep killing the little guys'.

Well, challenge accepted! So I downloaded the program and spent the next few days trying to recreate Alan Shepard\'s flight. When I excitedly told the girl about my success she was nonplussed, and it sounded like she had moved on to other things. (In fact she seemed to descend into spending all her time playing WoW and discussing anime/manga with some very unkempt gamer dudes. Her loss).

No-one around me seemed to care, but I had my own goals now, so I kept going, tantalized by that silvery Mun hanging in the sky. I found some Youtube tutorials, and then on this forum a few stock craft files which were claimed to be Mun-capable. They were not that good (there are far better ones on here now), so I carefully designed my own and here I am!

I came here by a site. A dutch site for tweakers, Tweakers.Net. To be more precise: It\'s about everything that is about computer stuff, like hardware,... and scientific things. There are everyday tons of articles about new games, computers, phones and so on. Also news articles about scientific things like 'Laser can speed up HDD\'s. There is also a pricewatch, a forum, a list of software/firmware update\'s, reviews...

This site is now already like 2 years in a row the site with the best community, choosen by Dutch people. And the site has an interesting comment moderating system. Registred users can vote comments: undesirable(-1), offtopic/irrelevant(0), ontopic(1), informative(2), highlight(3). When people share their knowledge about a topic they know much about, people can vote their comments as informative, or highlight. There is also a filter that only shows the comments from a specific level.

I was reading a random article. I don\'t know anymore what the subject was. I suppose something about satelites. Afterward, I also read the comments because the +2 and +3 comments are the most of the time very interesting, I filtered them. A +2 (informative) comment had a link to this site.

So I tried it 8)

No-one around me seemed to care but I had my own challenges now, so I kept going, tantalized by that silvery Mun hanging in the sky.

Story of my life >_>

I can\'t remember how I found this game.

I can\'t remember how I found minecraft either.

Or Crysis.

Or Metroid Prime.

Or The Awakening of Zelda.

Or Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Or BattleFront.

...I don\'t remember much at all now that I think about it

Edit: Waaaaaaaait, I found it.

Someone made a post about the game on rnr-alliance forums

It was an old clan thingy I was in for a game called Cyber Nations

July 31, Idk what version that was

I came here by a site. A dutch site for tweakers, Tweakers.Net. To be more precise: It\'s about everything that is about computer stuff, like hardware,... and scientific things. There are everyday tons of articles about new games, computers, phones and so on. Also news articles about scientific things like 'Laser can speed up HDD\'s. There is also a pricewatch, a forum, a list of software/firmware update\'s, reviews...

This site is now already like 2 years in a row the site with the best community, choosen by Dutch people. And the site has an interesting comment moderating system. Registred users can vote comments: undesirable(-1), offtopic/irrelevant(0), ontopic(1), informative(2), highlight(3). When people share their knowledge about a topic they know much about, people can vote their comments as informative, or highlight. There is also a filter that only shows the comments from a specific level.

I was reading a random article. I don\'t know anymore what the subject was. I suppose something about satelites. Afterward, I also read the comments because the +2 and +3 comments are the most of the time very interesting, I filtered them. A +2 (informative) comment had a link to this site.

So I tried it 8)

Epic victory! I found the informative comment how I found this game!

Watch out! Its dutch: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/78683/voormalig-nasa-medewerker-maakt-opensourceruimtevaartuig.html?mode=nested&niv=2&order=asc&page=1#reacties

The comment: http://tweakers.net/reacties.dsp?Action=Posting&ParentID=5175363

Put it in google translate or translate the whole page if you want to read it...

My story\'s a boring one. I just saw a link in some Russian IT blog (this one). As I\'m fond of all the aerospace matter I immediately downloaded and started playing...

Oh how could anyone have missed that? In Soviet Russia, Kerbal Space Program finds you!

(I feel better now).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.