[WIP] Green Skull Inc. Development Thread

Green Skull

What is my next project? You the community decide... Most votes wins.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is my next project? You the community decide... Most votes wins.

• Camouflage - For you guys who like blowing stuff up...
    • Create the remaining real life nationalities of suits.
    • Film style packs - for all you fantasy re-creationists.
    • More mission suits for ALL packs including KSP ARM.
    • New types of real suit - modern and past era for all you real life re-creationists.
    • Superhero style suits and heads - who doesn't want to play as Joker and Batkerbal???

Got a fix to the problem from shaw over on the texture replacer thread. If you convert the reflective visor you want to try into a jpeg it will work with texture replacer. I will pre convert for next version so will be compatible with texture compressor!

nice, will do that now. But I never got the spawning of my kerbals in the proper suits. So I'm downloading the raw KSP package from steam now. I had it working fine on a previous install so I'm entirely not sure why it won't work now, but I will just start from scratch.

I'm using the real patches where possible but make YOUR own patch in the same style and we can all have Proot suits!

It would be an honour for me as you made all this possible and a tribute to you!

I'm going to make my own "Skull" suits for when I play which I will release if people want them.

I'm afraid that I don't understand very well you comment, and maybe (surely) I don't explain myself correctly (sorry, my english is not the best...). But anyway, forget my comment, you have all right to do any patch you want.

I'm afraid that I don't understand very well you comment, and maybe (surely) I don't explain myself correctly (sorry, my english is not the best...). But anyway, forget my comment, you have all right to do any patch you want.

I wasnt very clear - Design for me a Proot patch with your logo so I can make Proot Custom Spacesuits for you and for all!

I wasnt very clear - Design a Proot patch with your logo so I can make Proot Spacesuits for you and for all!

Like this!

proot_zps535dc0b2.png

Edited by Green Skull

I wasnt very clear - Design a Proot patch with your logo so I can make Proot Spacesuits for you and for all!

Like this!

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w615/greenskullinc/proot_zps535dc0b2.png

Oh! Thanks, but is not necessary, as I was saying, it's done (time ago) for my next release (coming soonTM).

Sorry, don't have better shoots right now:

CuHqBFx.jpg

ok, a clean install and I was able to get it to work. I need to adjust some of the custom patches I made for my custom kerbals, but all in all it looks fantastic.

Question though, how do we turn off the reflective lenses if we want them to be clear enough to see the kerbals face? I do not have texture compressor, just texturereplacemer 1.1 and alpha kerbal states on this fresh copy. I think there was a glitch in the previous, maybe because I put 1.1 one on after I had installed KS alpha. Either way a clean install took care of it.

Screens tomorrow I promise ;-), but here's a teaser if you can access my Steam screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=236845733

The head on the closest Kerbal is one I modified to give some side burns and facial hair.

5816393DC5C353FA0DABB6D98359093CA50627DE

ok, a clean install and I was able to get it to work. I need to adjust some of the custom patches I made for my custom kerbals, but all in all it looks fantastic.

Question though, how do we turn off the reflective lenses if we want them to be clear enough to see the kerbals face? I do not have texture compressor, just texturereplacemer 1.1 and alpha kerbal states on this fresh copy. I think there was a glitch in the previous, maybe because I put 1.1 one on after I had installed KS alpha. Either way a clean install took care of it.

Screens tomorrow I promise ;-), but here's a teaser if you can access my Steam screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=236845733

The head on the closest Kerbal is one I modified to give some side burns and facial hair.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3282301796772162319/5816393DC5C353FA0DABB6D98359093CA50627DE/

lol nice. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Easiest way to turn off reflective visors is to change the EVA visor to a tinted one from the alternates.

Any one know why Thunderbirds vehicles are not modded in yet?

http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201307/966911/113335.jpg

They were at one point- a few of them. But water mechanics did not support 4, the station was too big for the game, silver rocket and 1 were being modded by Devo at one point, but he ran into some issue with it's structure, and 3 was only kept around until 0.17.

No idea about the pink car thing.

I really look forward to your texture pack for the texture replacer mod.

They were at one point- a few of them. But water mechanics did not support 4, the station was too big for the game, silver rocket and 1 were being modded by Devo at one point, but he ran into some issue with it's structure, and 3 was only kept around until 0.17.

No idea about the pink car thing.

I really look forward to your texture pack for the texture replacer mod.

Thanks for the info. If it comes to life again I'll do suits!

Hopefully not much longer to wait...

Looking nice CERVERUS!

I have updated the reflective visors to work with a game that has texture compressor installed. I have also fixed a slight texture issue with the visors reflection.

Nice,how you think,maybe the flag on the arm must be smaller?

I really wanted to release today but I'm postponing until tomorrow to give me time to create a new logo for me, change some stuff now that isn't going to change for a while and generally check everything a million times :P

So back at testing today. I am still having trouble getting the "tinted" visor to not be solid. I switch them out and they are still solid. I wanted to be sure they were transparent so I opened them in photoshop and all looks good. Not sure why I'm having problems with that. I added some more mods now that I'm up and running with the textures, but no compressor or FPS tweak.

Just an idea for your custom non-real suits. Here is a kerbal states suit I messed with some, but the main test wast to see if I could make a see through decal on the visor. Since my visors are not coming in see through the decal is very bright. But I like how it reacts wit the light. It disappears in the shade, but as you spin to the light it becomes bright and visible. This gave me a good idea ;-) More to follow...

Also, pay attention that the map for the visor is duplicated on the sides, so what ever you put on it will be on the sides too, as you can see the emblem on the edge of the visor.

This visor is the tinted one, I messed with in photoshop. Left it clear, but it's not.

DD05CF3F97331C800CB439CBA1925D36483A34AE

Before uploading this post I wanted to try one more thing. I copied the IVA clear as Bill's EVA visor. It didn't work. Jeb has the tinted gold and also not working. Every visor is coming in as solid reflective. Do any of you have this problem?

These two visors are suppose to be clear and gold tint. Both are reflective. They are original files, one from alternative visors, and one is the clear that works in IVA, just renamed to EVA

BillJebVisor_zpsdcdbd3f0.png

I'm about to install the old texturereplacer .dll to see if it allows for clear/tinted visors

Edited by Airogue

Let me send you a new updated version to test with the revised visors

*Sent*

Remove the complete texture replacer file and add this. Then add any additional textures you may have.

Edited by Green Skull

So back at testing today. I am still having trouble getting the "tinted" visor to not be solid. I switch them out and they are still solid. I wanted to be sure they were transparent so I opened them in photoshop and all looks good. Not sure why I'm having problems with that. I added some more mods now that I'm up and running with the textures, but no compressor or FPS tweak.

Just an idea for your custom non-real suits. Here is a kerbal states suit I messed with some, but the main test wast to see if I could make a see through decal on the visor. Since my visors are not coming in see through the decal is very bright. But I like how it reacts wit the light. It disappears in the shade, but as you spin to the light it becomes bright and visible. This gave me a good idea ;-) More to follow...

Also, pay attention that the map for the visor is duplicated on the sides, so what ever you put on it will be on the sides too, as you can see the emblem on the edge of the visor.

This visor is the tinted one, I messed with in photoshop. Left it clear, but it's not.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3282301796787065148/DD05CF3F97331C800CB439CBA1925D36483A34AE/

Before uploading this post I wanted to try one more thing. I copied the IVA clear as Bill's EVA visor. It didn't work. Jeb has the tinted gold and also not working. Every visor is coming in as solid reflective. Do any of you have this problem?

These two visors are suppose to be clear and gold tint. Both are reflective. They are original files, one from alternative visors, and one is the clear that works in IVA, just renamed to EVA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/Justinfluegel/BillJebVisor_zpsdcdbd3f0.png

I'm about to install the old texturereplacer .dll to see if it allows for clear/tinted visors

Visor currently cannot be transparent and reflective at the same time. That will be fixed in TextureReplacer 1.2, rbray already sent me a shader that should do the trick.

The reflections have sharp edges because I assumed the face layout is the same as for skybox, which is not. That's fixed in TR 1.1.90 (1.2 alpha).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.