Positional lights

When constructing large space structures, i like to make them well lit for better orientation when entering dark side of a planet. But its very hard to light up end parts of structure, especially when they stick out to open space. It would be usefull to have some kind of position light, which would make only small point of light, not directional. It would be good for emergency lightning when electric power is running low too (i suppose that it would have small power needs). Another related problem is, that if you're using many many classic lights in a various directions, there are always some parts of that structure, which are over-lit (balancing the right light composition requires very much time).

Edited by pelican

I wonder if 'lights' are even necessary for such a thing. If I was looking for a low-power solution for emergency illumination, I think I'd go for phosphor paint. "Glow-in-the-dark" strips. They used to use these on aircraft and in public buildings to highlight the walkways back before LED's were a thing. This would be VERY easily to implement compared to new light sources.

The kind of tiny point lights you're describing would be so small that you probably wouldn't even be able to see them.

I agree with Red Iron Crown though. Get Aviation Lights. It's a great mod and it makes vessels look awesome on the dark side of a world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.