Parts Development/Redevelopment/Manipulation

So after consideration, I realize now how impractical this is and even unnecessary. But I will post it in case it draws implications with future application.

The R&D Department...

What if it had a sector that allowed manipulation of parts available to a degree. For example, what if I went into R&D to use this function to change the MK3 fuselage. I could say:

I want the MK3 to have:

• equal parts oxidizer/liquid fuel

• battery of varying size

• altered length (maybe that is too much since it bones the programming in the physics)

Of course, physics would be affected as well. And depending on the parts, their physical shape may alter a bit. By adding a battery and replacing an amount of liquid fuel with oxidizer, the weight will change.

Or as another example:

I want to combine two wings into one, newly shaped wing. The shape would depend on the wings used in the development phase.

These items would sit alongside items (or in their own tab (like subasseblies do)) used in the creation phase, prior to launch.

I realize that programming this would be like making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with 14 irons and a roll of toilet paper, but I figured why not share the idea.

Yeah implementation seems roughest. More so, doing something like this early would only create another barrier of red tape before updates are released because everything within this extension would have to be updated/altered.

Seems good for late implementation.

Edited by barlow.a

By the way, I want to point out this is different than subassemblies.

Here, I hope to make it so the MK3 will retain its shape/size (unless you allow that to be adjustable or it is purposely combined with, say, the MK2) but while retaining its original form it would now include a battery and different fuel, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.