[0.23] Fuel Ejection Port v1 :: A safe and easy way to dump your fuel.

oakwhiz

Have you ever wanted to lose a few tons of fuel really quickly? Well the Fuel Ejection Port is for you! With a vacuum Isp of 60s, and no throttle whatsoever, the Fuel Ejection Port is the fastest safe way to reduce your vessel's mass, guaranteed!

Spaceport download link: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/fuel-ejection-port/

Alternative download link: http://minousoft.com/downloads/FuelEjectionPort.zip

The Fuel Ejection Port is simply a modified LV-1R engine designed to vent fuel as quickly as possible. Because it does not burn the fuel, it is a very inefficient thruster. Lightweight and sturdy, it is useful in emergency situations.

ib1ejtcbfsyJlU.gif

Some possible use cases:

• Set a few Fuel Ejection Ports to be part of your last stage, and then bind the Abort action group to your Fuel Ejection Ports. When you hit the Abort button, all your fuel will be dumped out.
  • Use Fuel Ejection Ports to assist in separating stages from each other, instead of using the Sepratron I solid rocket booster to do so.
  • Impart a very large and very quick impulse on to part of your spacecraft using a Fuel Ejection Port. Since it is small and provides a large amount of thrust, you can use it to immediately change the direction of your craft.

LV-1R_Liquid_Fuel_Engine_HD.png

This mod may be used and redistributed freely for any purpose.

Edited by oakwhiz

This is something I've been wanting for a while! Any chance of built-in Real-fuel/Kethane support?

I haven't tried using the Kethane addon yet so I might not get around to that for a while. However you are welcome to try and edit this part to create your own version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.