Mk3/2 Fuselage widths compared to Rocket radius sizes

Hello All!

I am at work. They don't let me play KSP on my downtime ;.;

BUT I found a way to get my fix! I put the rocket designs I have in my head down on (digital) paper using qCad. This way, when I come home I can start building right away knowing my parts wont clip into each other.

The radius of all rocket parts are easy enough, they are listed right in the wiki. However, the fuselage parts don't have a radius. I know they are roughly comparable to their rocket counterparts, however it is hard to guess. Does anyone know what the approximate radius of the Mk3 and Mk2 fuselages? And yeah, I do know they are not exactly round. I can fudge that and still be accurate enough for what I need.

Thanks!

Both the Mk2 and Mk3 fuselages are roughly as wide as the large parts (rockomax tanks) at the widest point. The Mk-3 is almost the same height, but the Mk-2 is slightly over half as high.

The thing to watch out for though is that the connection points on Mk-3 components are not in the center. So the portion above the connection point is longer than the portion below.

Good Info! Thanks

It looks like I need to widen the gap between the Rockomax 64 tanks. I am using TT-70 Radial Decouplers but they are not giving me the space I need. I have never attached anything but tanks to Decouplers before. Any suggestions on what I can use to widen the gap? Need at least a meter.

Good Info! Thanks

It looks like I need to widen the gap between the Rockomax 64 tanks. I am using TT-70 Radial Decouplers but they are not giving me the space I need. I have never attached anything but tanks to Decouplers before. Any suggestions on what I can use to widen the gap? Need at least a meter.

I'm having a hard time imagining exactly what you want based on your description. If you mean you need more horizontal gap between your vertical Rockomax tanks, you can try stacking decouplers (decoupler on a decoupler). Or mount one of the modular girder segments (or cubic struts) to the decoupler, then mount the tank on that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.