Okay, Squad. Put a "1" down on your kill sheet!

Whackjob

I appreciate it. Can't see it, office computer and that's blocked, but when I'm up and running again on my own power, I will take a look.

If you're wondering, it's a let's launch episode - the one where he sends a huge pyramid to Duna.

Also, what's with the funky work times?

Also, what's with the funky work times?

When your modem isn't giving you the speed you should be getting, you know the guy at the company you call? That's me. :)

Happily, I work for the rare company that doesn't stiff people on speed. And still adheres to the concept of net neutrality.

When your modem isn't giving you the speed you should be getting, you know the guy at the company you call? That's me. :)

Happily, I work for the rare company that doesn't stiff people on speed. And still adheres to the concept of net neutrality.

Ah, I get it. You're one of the few good guys. If I ever move to the US I'll make sure to make the company you work for my isp!

Ok, update. I had three parts on order, one that came through tigerdirect, and two that was sent to some malfeasant drop-shipper. Two 120mm fans, one hard drive adapter dock for mounting the laptop hard drives inside a tower case, and the 8GB of memory. Out of all of them, the memory of course was the most crucial.

Friday and Saturday came and went with none arriving. I figured, worst case scenario, they'd finally get around to shipping on Monday, which would mean they would arrive on Tuesday. Monday early afternoon, a package arrives. It's the drive adapter. It's the only box that shows up, but I figure maybe they were shipped separately. I wait the whole day at the window and nothing further arrives. I slept that night in a rather dejected fashion. Tuesday comes. Another package comes. Finally, I thought, my memory is here. I open the box and it's the 120mm fans. I spend the rest of the day at the window and no further package comes. My whole work-weekend is shot. This morning I wake up at 8AM and stare outside the window until I come to work. No package has yet come.

Six days ago I ordered this memory via next-day air. Six days have elapsed and I still do not have my memory. I'm more than moderately miffed.

#EDIT: Apparently it's been shipped. I found a tracking number. On Friday it was sent to some hub in California. And that's it. It's probably still there.

Edited by Whackjob

Tigerdirect has never hosed me. Whenever they ship direct, they've always made their times or even beaten it. This is the one time I've had something sent via intermediary (drop shipper) and they're the ones who are bungling it.

That's my experience with PC builds. No matter how simple, SOMETHING will not show up timely, or will come dead on arrival, or will turn out to be inexplicably incompatible. Once you have all the hardware, then of course you may find problems with getting all the drivers you need, and sometimes the O/S will pretend it doesn't see your license information, and so on...

Expect something to go wrong, and you wont feel so bad when it does. Although I feel bad that you're still without a home computer to kick around on. :(

Tigerdirect has never hosed me. Whenever they ship direct, they've always made their times or even beaten it. This is the one time I've had something sent via intermediary (drop shipper) and they're the ones who are bungling it.
If you bought them all from Tigerdirect, then they are in law responsible. After all, they chose to use drop shipping.

That said, you're unlikely to get anything more than the shipping costs back. Chances are the T&Cs say they're not liable for consequential losses from unmet deliveries.

I'm skeptical of that....

That's why if I'm shopping for PC parts I go to my city's largest and cheapest computer center and buy it directly from there, or go to a nearby PC part shop

Here's my current hope. According to Tigerdirect, the hard drive dock adapter hasn't even shipped yet, even though it showed up Monday. I'm hoping they're really wrong on the memory also. I hope I go home and find it waiting for me.

Probably wrong. But I still has the hope.

#EDIT: Shift ovar. Time to go home and see if I was just being trolled and the box did show up, or if I still gotta wait.

Edited by Whackjob

Like Apollo 13, Wackjob's computer is merely a setback. He's on a free-return trajectory with a steep, but survivable, re-entry angle.

We'll see you after the blackout Wachjob. Looking for those chute pops now.

Like Apollo 13, Wackjob's computer is merely a setback. He's on a free-return trajectory with a steep, but survivable, re-entry angle.

We'll see you after the blackout Wachjob. Looking for those chute pops now.

Nice Apollo 13 analogy.

By the way, it's "Whackjob". Not "Wackjob", not "Whachjob, not "Waxjob", not "Banana".

Update: I came in to work early, and checked on the shipment via tracking number. It is still in the same place it was last Friday. It has not moved at all. Additionally, the chain of emails I've been trading with Tigerdirect are going nowhere. The last time they replied to me it was to give me the tracking number of the package containing my RAM that has gone nowhere.

Nice Apollo 13 analogy.

By the way, it's "Whackjob". Not "Wackjob", not "Whachjob, not "Waxjob", not "Banana".

lol I spelt it two different ways XD

I'm absolutely mystified. It's looking more and more like I'm not going to be up and running this week at all. :(

;.;