My Little Pony Megathread

foamyesque

I have a question. I saw a gif on this forums somewhere of pinkie pie going 'you\'re maad.' and someone else going 'I\'m not', and her going 'yes. you. aaaaaaree!!' or something like that.

I think I\'ve watched all the eps, but I never saw that scene. Which ep was that from? Did I somehow skip an episode?

Also, where\'s that gif?

I would love to hear a recording session for Pinkie Pie. That would be funny!

Same!

general questions: when does season 2 end? is there a season 3? where can i find beyond episode 19 of season 2? youtube does not yield results!

general questions: when does season 2 end? is there a season 3? where can i find beyond episode 19 of season 2? youtube does not yield results!

Are you putting in something like 'mlp:fim s2e19'? If so, try 'putting your hoof down' They may be scared of copyright attack by Hasbro.

Are you putting in something like 'mlp:fim s2e19'? If so, try 'putting your hoof down' They may be scared of copyright attack by Hasbro.

Hasbro is not the one taking down videos, people.

where can i find beyond episode 19 of season 2? youtube does not yield results!

Or it might be because those episodes haven\'t aired yet. ;)

Hasbro is not the one taking down videos, people.

Well... they did take down ponyarchive. And while an entire site dedicated to pirating MLP was a tad more brazen than just uploading the thing on youtube, I don\'t really see a fundamental difference between the two (except the fact that ponyarchive was a labor of love, whereas youtube videos generate ad revenue for unaffiliated third parties).

Or it might be because those episodes haven\'t aired yet. ;)

Well... they did take down ponyarchive. And while an entire site dedicated to pirating MLP was a tad more brazen than just uploading the thing on youtube, I don\'t really see a fundamental difference between the two (except the fact that ponyarchive was a labor of love, whereas youtube videos generate ad revenue for unaffiliated third parties).

That was not Hasbro. If it was, proper action would have been filed.

You guys don\'t get it. They\'re trolls doing this. Hasbro would never squash what a gold mine they have here.

That was not Hasbro. If it was, proper action would have been filed.

You guys don\'t get it. They\'re trolls doing this. Hasbro would never squash what a gold mine they have here.

i really hope so.

i really hope so.

Here\'s the brief.

Subversive groups, entirely unorganized or partially, have done what trolls do all the time. Either intentionally or unintentionally, they hold the mask of Brony. Through this and their ill-will practices that shame the movement as a whole, they have started to corrupt and spread disinformation to dishearten and disband the movement. It\'s a similar tactic to clandestine warfare.

I cannot pinpoint whether or not it is entirely a massive organized effort of any sort. From what I know and have gathered, it\'s pockets of groups with varied interests and intent who just so have a similar goal. When you hate something so much and you can\'t destroy it in the traditional sense, you destroy it from within. This is what is happening to the movement. This is why there is division. People know that normal, average human beings will be willing to blame the first thing they believe is bigger than them. So when a group gets together and does false DMCA\'s and other stuff, it garners the image that the one entity that supports the movement is out to get them despite all evidence otherwise.

What can you do about it? Stop being suckered and move along. Adding fuel to the fire is exactly what is intended here. In other words, don\'t feed the trolls.

I find it hard to believe that the ponyarchive people didn\'t contact Hasbro when they received the cease & desist letter to verify that it was genuine. What exactly is this 'all evidence otherwise' that you speak of?

Ponyarchive was shut down by Hasbro. It\'s been confirmed.

That, and the youtube video takedowns, is because they have started selling airing rights internationally. By law they need to take them down.

The main argument excuse people use for My Little Piracy is that hasbro\'s main revenue source comes from toy sales, which are generated via the cartoon.

This is true....for north america.

It is not true for everywhere else. And therefore not only is it illegal to keep them up, it\'s also downright dumb to try selling your product when its freely available online.

But it is true that there is division within the \'brony\' community. But it isn\'t caused from trolls or anything else of reasonable nature.

/co/ hates ponychan. ponychan hates fimchan (and /co/). fimchan hates everything. ponygoons hates everything. EQD is a blog.

This is just the way things are. Why? Because despite all of these communities being centered around a cartoon that suggests love, tolerance, and acceptance of diversity, the \'brony\' community is filled with the pickiest, stubborn, whiney little manchildren I have seen. They will discriminate against your race, location, name, political views and will complain about anything they feel bothers them in the slightest. Simply because that\'s the type of people they are.

There are some that aren\'t like that of course, I\'m simply speaking for the majority I have interacted with.

Basically, due to my membership of the MLP:FIM steam group, i recieve links to the SD and HD uploads almost immediately, there\'s no way to prevent me from seeing the episodes, whether i get to see them a second time is what i wonder about.

I find it hard to believe that the ponyarchive people didn\'t contact Hasbro when they received the cease & desist letter to verify that it was genuine. What exactly is this 'all evidence otherwise' that you speak of?

I still haven\'t seen the actual document for the cease and desist. Usually when this happens, there will be a record of it. From what I know about Pony Archive, they torrented episodes and threatened the sales on iTunes. Naturally, I would not be surprised if this actually happened. Corporate interest over fan interest, after all.

However, from the 'all evidence otherwise' you speak of, I do not desire to go into details. It is not that I do not have the evidence, the problem is the evidence is from my own personal experience before I became a Brony. There were things I did I am not proud of and I regret. The skullface avatar I have? It served a purpose once.

Unfortunately that is as far as I will go on that note. I apologize.

Knowing this, perhaps my personal experience has clouded my judgement on the issue and I specifically...wrongly guessed the problem. I apologize again for the foot in mouth issue. All I have been able to dig up is simply articles about the Cease and Desist, not the actual form.

Ponyarchive was shut down by Hasbro. It\'s been confirmed.

That, and the youtube video takedowns, is because they have started selling airing rights internationally. By law they need to take them down.

The main argument excuse people use for My Little Piracy is that hasbro\'s main revenue source comes from toy sales, which are generated via the cartoon.

This is true....for north america.

It is not true for everywhere else. And therefore not only is it illegal to keep them up, it\'s also downright dumb to try selling your product when its freely available online.

But it is true that there is division within the \'brony\' community. But it isn\'t caused from trolls or anything else of reasonable nature.

/co/ hates ponychan. ponychan hates fimchan (and /co/). fimchan hates everything. ponygoons hates everything. EQD is a blog.

This is just the way things are. Why? Because despite all of these communities being centered around a cartoon that suggests love, tolerance, and acceptance of diversity, the \'brony\' community is filled with the pickiest, stubborn, whiney little manchildren I have seen. They will discriminate against your race, location, name, political views and will complain about anything they feel bothers them in the slightest. Simply because that\'s the type of people they are.

There are some that aren\'t like that of course, I\'m simply speaking for the majority I have interacted with.

You are correct on all accounts, of course.

I despise with a passion anything /b/ related, spawned from it or otherwise. Not that I disrespect the individuals, just the content. I\'m just going to take your word on that account specifically because my hands are washed clean from that filth.

However.....I\'m not that way. The Majority that you see? It\'s true. Am I proud of it? No. I come from the beginning, where being a brony actually meant something.

I honestly don\'t have anything else to say on the subject at the moment. My observations have concluded that the brony movement has been infected not only from the perverse elements of other fandoms, but also from small tightly-nit groups which struggle to become individualistic in their ideals. This, in turn, causes in-fighting. I could literally write a summary of what I\'ve seen happening thus far. How far from grave the 'friendship' has fallen.

I\'m at the point where I\'m almost entirely ashamed to have even been part of the original brony movement. It was before all this cartoon drawing, attention whoring and everything else. It was all about the show back then.

Then again, same could be said about the 'furry' fandom. Back then, it was all about liking cartoon characters. Nothing wrong with that. Just a bunch of guys and gals getting together to appreciate the Sunday and Saturday morning cartoons they watched. Same thing happened with them that\'s happening now. Perverse, corrupted elements brought that movement below the pits of depravity and twisted it beyond its pure purpose.

But....whilst organized groups of bronies, pure at heart, try their best to continue the cause...we still have elements and intentions coming in that continuously bring it down. Will it ever stop? I\'m not sure. Few people know that Equestria Daily is actually playing a big part in this depravity. I was in on that game before EQD became popular. I could tell a story now about how when I was a member of a site called Pony Fiction Archives, before its renovation and obscurity, when EQD and it were pretty much considering partnerships. Fun fact: It didn\'t work out because of what we found out.

That was when I first realized what the community had become thanks to EQD and other elements. It\'s exactly as you put it Icefire.

I\'m one of the last of a rare breed, I suppose. I don\'t want fame, I can\'t draw and I certaintly don\'t like the perverse elements that have come in. I\'m only interested in the show. I like it for its morals. I like it because if I ever have kids, I have a show I can show them that I know for a fact will be safe for them. I support the shows efforts, which what was originally intended by the movement.

*grumble* Good things die fast, I suppose.

Basically, due to my membership of the MLP:FIM steam group, i recieve links to the SD and HD uploads almost immediately, there\'s no way to prevent me from seeing the episodes, whether i get to see them a second time is what i wonder about.

This trend will continue. I assure you.

Anyway, so yeah, for right now consider my previous arguments invalid on the cease and desist subject. I\'ll go ahead and call myself wrong on it for the benefit of everyone, however my experience in the field states otherwise but I will keep it to myself.

I keep seeing more and more hatred in the community, which is against our whole 'love and tolerance'. I\'m really ashamed of this, and now it can be used as fuel against us.

Personally, I mostly like the show, but I do enjoy some of the classic, innocent fanart like these:

8vHJxl.jpg

Drawing by BionicleGahlok

I do not care for the more perverse side, with gore and rule 34. To me, it ruins the innocence of the show.

I do not care for the more perverse side, with gore and rule 34. To me, it ruins the innocence of the show.

this. though I watched the .mov on you tube. i have a, lets say odd, sense of humour and found it funny.