[WIP] CoffeeIndustries Plane Parts - Jetliner and cargo planes

CoffeeSE

Heat tile belly or sky blue camo?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Heat tile belly or sky blue camo?

• Heat tile
    • Sky blue camo

There was an old standard someone tried (Mk4 I think), and there's even an adapter still lingering in the B9 files if you want to take a look. Maybe that will give you a nice shape for a supercargo aircraft.

My issue, and I hope this solves it, is that even with the tightest wheelbase I can manage, I can't get any rolling stock into or out of the B9 HL cargo bays/ramps. Literally nothing useful fits that uses stock wheel sets.

I would love to see something along the lines of a C130 or Starlifter cargo bay that I can roll on/off 2 good-sized rovers with standard wheel sets.

There was an old standard someone tried (Mk4 I think), and there's even an adapter still lingering in the B9 files if you want to take a look. Maybe that will give you a nice shape for a supercargo aircraft.

I think you are refering to MK4 Fuselage system (you can find it here). It would be nice that CoffeeIndustries will integrate something like this, somehow.

Subbed. Looking forward to the 5m parts.

For the 5m, will the nose door actuate so that you can use the full height of the cargo hold? Pics in my past request thread to help with visual.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66612-Request-Expansion-on-TT-s-MK4-Fuselage-System

Yes, it will actuate the full height of the cargo hold (ok, maybe a bit less, as the cockpit with the kerbals takes up room, but the rear ramp should be able to load/unload anything you can't in the nose). Right now the 5.0 metre cargo hold nose has 2.75 metres of clearance, with the full height of the cargo bay being 3.5 metres tall.

My issue, and I hope this solves it, is that even with the tightest wheelbase I can manage, I can't get any rolling stock into or out of the B9 HL cargo bays/ramps. Literally nothing useful fits that uses stock wheel sets.

I would love to see something along the lines of a C130 or Starlifter cargo bay that I can roll on/off 2 good-sized rovers with standard wheel sets.

Well, the 5.0 metre cargo bay is 3.5 metres tall, and 4.8 metres wide at the base. I think that should be able to fit some decent rovers in. Edit: I should add that the nose ramp is a bit narrower, by about 0.25 metres than the cargo sections, but the tail ramp will be the full 4.8 metres wide.

Edited by CoffeeSE

I think you are refering to MK4 Fuselage system (you can find it here). It would be nice that CoffeeIndustries will integrate something like this, somehow.

Ah...would have been nice if I found out about this earlier...the 5.0 metre stuff is pretty much done, I'm not going back to remake it all, but I can make some sort of adapter to connect the new parts with the Mk4 fuselages, no promises though.

Even though the poll has more Heat tile votes than Sky blue camo votes, can we get a version with the blue camo? MY reasoning is that this will be a cargo plane/airliner, not a space plane. I think it is possible to have both heat tile and blue camo with the Firespitter texture switcher.

One thing I'd like to see in the future is landing gear. The stock ones are great, but having gear that mayches the Look of the plane makes it that much Cooler.
as for multilanding gear by the way... Could talk to the RBI guys about making a platform that's longer than needed and such

Longer landing gears is a possibility, but that's not really important for the time being. Making the gears extend longer would mean the ramps won't work, as the actual extension of the ramps right now is set to the height of the stock landing gear.

:kiss: I see I'm not the only one to really like these planes.

:P lol thanks! It'll take a while before I finished this, as studying and life comes first. And Unity broke on me, so now I have to re-setup and export all the parts in a new project if I want to make changes. *smashes head into keyboard*

Have you addressed the issue I see with just about every single cargo ramp part, namely that there isn't enough headroom to drive something that can fit the full height of the interior up the ramp itself? If you watch videos of actual real life cargo ramps opening you'll see that they create this headroom by having a part that recedes upwards, not just downwards. This is a problem thats especially bad with B9 Aerospace cargo ramps.

Longer landing gears is a possibility, but that's not really important for the time being. Making the gears extend longer would mean the ramps won't work, as the actual extension of the ramps right now is set to the height of the stock landing gear.

Actually I didnt mean taller. I mean longer... like multi bogey 4-6 wheeled landing gear I mean.

Ah...would have been nice if I found out about this earlier...the 5.0 metre stuff is pretty much done, I'm not going back to remake it all, but I can make some sort of adapter to connect the new parts with the Mk4 fuselages, no promises though.

B9 has an adaptor, but you must use 2 adaptors and a fuel tank (in the pic, it is highlitghted). Maybe you can make an adaptor that is only 1 part and is also a fuel tank.

1xrqJvq.png

Only a suggestion, keep your good work!

Have you addressed the issue I see with just about every single cargo ramp part, namely that there isn't enough headroom to drive something that can fit the full height of the interior up the ramp itself? If you watch videos of actual real life cargo ramps opening you'll see that they create this headroom by having a part that recedes upwards, not just downwards. This is a problem thats especially bad with B9 Aerospace cargo ramps.

Hmm...it shouldn't be a problem with the 3.75 metre cargo bays, and definitely not a problem with the 5 metre ones. The 2.5 metre ones are too small to fit a rover anyways...the 2.5 metre part is kinda useless lol.

Actually I didnt mean taller. I mean longer... like multi bogey 4-6 wheeled landing gear I mean.

Oh that's what you mean, KSP doesn't support it but it can be faked so that only one wheel is actually touching the ground, and the other ones are just there for looks. But I'm not sure if they'll all rotate that way.

B9 has an adaptor, but you must use 2 adaptors and a fuel tank (in the pic, it is highlitghted). Maybe you can make an adaptor that is only 1 part and is also a fuel tank.

Only a suggestion, keep your good work!

Yes of course! Once I'm finished with the base parts I'll make adaptors, they'll be in the release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.