B9 S2 Cockpit Extended: 2 Rear Seats

K3-Chris

I really love the B9 pack but one thing about it always bothered me, it's huge, but contains very few kerbals, even in parts meant to hold nothing but kerbals, I started mocking up the internal size of the S2 crew parts (2m and 6m versions) and made a simple "block out" IVA on Unity, the 2m part can easily fit 6+ kerbals inside it with chairs and room to move to spare, While I'm working on an IVA for those 2 parts I did a quick mod of the S2 Cockpit:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm using Module Manager (required for it to work, not bundled to avoid overwriting newer versions) to tweak the existing IVA and the RPM modified IVA, I'm not modifying the B9 files to make it easier to use, I've increased the crew capacity to 4 and added 2 more seats identical to the front 2, all assets used are made by Bac9/Taverius, this is merely a re-mix, all credit goes to them for these awesome models/textures taken from the B9 pack, this modification uses the same CC by-nc-sa license as the original pack.

I considered giving the rear 2 kerbals something to look at/use but there isn't really room for it, unless they're on something that folds away they couldn't get into their chairs if something was in front of them.

Download

Dropbox

This work is licensed under: 88x31.png

All Credit goes to Bac9 and Taverius, this is merely a minor tweak of their work.

Edit: Thread split into 2, this one dedicated to this modification of the S2 cockpit which is "release ready" and my WIP IVAs for the B9 S2 crew tanks.

Thread detailing my progress on the crew tanks: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72819-WIP-B9-S2-Crew-Tank-IVAs

Edited by K3|Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
When I added this to my game, I could no longer see the crew portraits nor could I EVA my kerbals by clicking the hatch.

Same here and I also couldn't stage nor could I revert my flight. Btw i am using Ksp .23.5 with b9(obviously) and all the b9 23.5 patches. Is this not updated for .23.5

I haven't updated it, but I'm using it in .23.5 no problem, I have no idea what could be the cause, got any logs?

I read the logs and it seems that I had active memory reduction installed and it is conflicting with it.

can you pls fix this as soon as you can.

Edited by epicfacecanada
Error In Text

No, I'm using active memory as well, I can't fix anything without knowing what the cause is, care to pastebin said logs?

With no information on what's actually wrong I can't fix it, I can't read your mind or remotely read your logs and figure out the problem and solve it, all I know at this point is that it doesn't work for you, which doesn't in any way help me solve it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah found the issue, seems my RPM finding solution was wonky/doesn't work, to fix it either install RPM or change the s2mmpatch.cfg into:

@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[B9_Cockpit_S2_Internal]]
{
@INTERNAL
{
@name = K3_S2_Extended
}
@CrewCapacity = 4
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.