Interplanetary Balistic missile

This is a challange to see how far from Kerbin/Kerbol you can get with the following restrictions:

No Oxidiser, no Xenon. All solid fuel must be part of the first stage.

RCS is allowed for course corrections and slingshot-type maneuvering.

My current record is just short of Duna orbit- unfortunately, I had a bad inclination problem coming out of the atmo, and I burnt a lot of RCS trying to compensate- otherwise, I might have been able to get a slingshot in a few orbits.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Leaderboard:

Rakaydos: 19,394,535,910 Km (short of Duna)

Edited by KasperVld
fixed album implementation

No Oxidiser, so presumably this means solid fuel and aero-engines only (As well as the RCS thing)?

Indeed. the idea is that you need to do all (ok, 90%) of your delta V at launch and see how far you can go.

Any suggestions for a better score system? No fuelless engine mods, stretchy SRBs should be fine. No max stages, but SRBs can only be in the first stage. (if someone comes up with a clever drop-tank RCS rocket that can get to Eeloo, I suppose that's fine.)

Using nothing but the RT-10 SRB, and a single probe body, I can get Kerbol escape velocity + 10000m/s

Not sure if my design falls within your ruleset of " All solid fuel must be part of the first stage." though.

The thing is sort of one solid stage without stage seperators, etc... , but different engines firing at different times using thermal separation..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.