[solved] KSP Development Instance Question

Hey guys,

I was wondering, what is the best way to setup KSP for development?

I've had a search on the forums and google, and only found tutorials on setting up the IDE, and using the KSP website version. none covering my following question:

I have the steam version atm and I really don't want to have to keep adding/removing my mods to test things.

I know if you buy it off the KSP website you can download and run from anywhere (apparently) - and thus have multiple KSP instances.

So, should I re-purchase off the KSP website? Or is there a way to do this via steam?

Would prefer not to have to spend the extra money (I'm a uni student = poor :P ) ... however if I have to, I'll consider it.

~ Kieran

Edited by keio

If you copy the KSP folder from the steam folder into somewhere else, it will run like normal.

Also, it's best to remove as many parts as possible from versions for which you want to load and reload a lot. Don't forget about internals and flags.

If you copy the KSP folder from the steam folder into somewhere else, it will run like normal.

Also, it's best to remove as many parts as possible from versions for which you want to load and reload a lot. Don't forget about internals and flags.

Oh ok, awesome! *goes and tries*

Awesome! Works! Thanks!

I was under the assumption that like a few other games bought via steam, you needed to be running steam to launch it.

Obviously not! which is awesome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.