Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

I can't see it properly, can you get another pic in better light

Here is a better pic for more consistency.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I tried to put a docking port on the front for reloading, but it makes the missile significantly less effective.

A docking port mounted on a decoupler on the missile will work.

Heres proof:

Z8vU7kY.png

Edited by astecarmyman

Damn, that's a good missile. Have you considered getting kerbpaint? it'll distuinguish you craft from others even more so than now.

EDIT: The oblique angle on Temeraire's narrow sides is what mainly protects it, the missiles that hit bounce off and I-beams get stuck between the layers. Hitting it with many pieces of shrapnel is a very good idea, as it increases the chance that they will get through. Well done again.:)

Edited by Megalodon 720

Damn, that's a good missile. Have you considered getting kerbpaint? it'll distuinguish you craft from others even more so than now.

EDIT: The oblique angle on Temeraire's narrow sides is what mainly protects it, the missiles that hit bounce off and I-beams get stuck between the layers. Hitting it with many pieces of shrapnel is a very good idea, as it increases the chance that they will get through. Well done again.:)

How did you know? :P

Also if thats the case, why didnt my Kraken Plasma warhead not work?

Strange....

It hit the oblique side and every piece bounced off.

EDIT: The oblique sides was a design used on my earlier 'Caesius' class, which was the only ship in my fleet that had survived an SRB strike and then have the ability to retaliate, this was the case until the arrival of 'Temeraire'.

Edited by Megalodon 720

The links are outdated? I'll just have to update them. Apparently Tinyupload lied about hosting files indefinitely...

@ScriptKitt3h- I have been trying to organize a surface battle for months, but every time I make an open challenge, people decide it's a great idea and battle someone else that way instead of me.

Hey I'm willing to do a surface battle :)

Could you test that destroyer I posted?

Here's the part light version with my experimental armor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgv0f7ky50...KII%20CA.craft

Here's the original part heavy ship that mr. tegu tested. It has some outdated weapons that I retired: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pekxo375fg...dlothian.craft

Also, the hybrid armor is a structure that utilizes a central structural part with four i beam branches with armor plates all tied together to form a flexible yet durable armor solution.

Could you test that destroyer I posted?

Here's the part light version with my experimental armor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgv0f7ky50...KII%20CA.craft

Here's the original part heavy ship that mr. tegu tested. It has some outdated weapons that I retired: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pekxo375fg...dlothian.craft

Also, the hybrid armor is a structure that utilizes a central structural part with four i beam branches with armor plates all tied together to form a flexible yet durable armor solution.

Links are invalid :(

If you are talking about those massive UNSC Battleships, I probably won't be able to kill those. Maybe a long SRB with quad baby-krakens...

Oh yeah, I definitely CAN'T kill something like that with the standard trash bin SRBs.

I'm sure it is possible with the larger SRBs but they are just to large to be practically mounted on a warship.

How did your fleet manage against my Kraken Fleet :P

The only real threat the Kraken fleet had were the quadruple SRB cannons of the Kraken and

Wraiths ramming into your ships. I really need to redesign my weapons ;_;

Yeah, the guided missiles were rather weak, and I got a lucky hit on the engines of the Kraken, killing it before it could move. A parasite caught a lucky shot that blew the front off my cruiser, and the Dread rammed my carrier to death. But both the destroyers survived the fight. I think I was a bit over on part count, though.

I experimented some more on armor designs, it seems most shots go straight through single-layer armor (tested with a big sheet of structural plates with nothing behind it as a target). The cruiser has double layer armor but it seems like the same thing is happening. I made a new ship that has a spine made of girders, it seems to minimize catastrophic damage since only one fuel tank blows up from a hit rather than the ship splitting in half. Also, I found that a combination of wings and plates works better than just plates alone.

Also here's Temeraire after being hit by astecarmyman's 'kraken's boomstick'

Rsv6FHv.png

As you can see, it only done minor damage but knocked off the broadside I-beams, I don't have a pic but i also tested it against my 'Caesius' which has similar armour but only one layer, this ship was damaged heavily but was still able to attack.

Also, we send a salvage team to minmus and scooped up the splattered remains of 'Dread, brood mother of wraiths' (that name is awkwardly long) and so Britannia weaponry has genetically built their own kraken. Here it is.

zGRrhUL.png

Hrmm.... Blasphemy! There can be only one Kraken! xD

Pretty cool ship! But it probably can't take the hits that Dread, Brood Mother of Wraiths can :P

One shot into the central body and it's explosions everywhere.

Something like this....

EOmKUm7.png

Sovereign is complete...

WNcduit.png

Also the weapons on this capital ship are strong enough to split open the Temeraire from the sides.

Here's what happened after andrew123's destroyer was hit by an 'Achilles' Broadside.

It hit at a very shallow angle almost hitting the engines. Here are two pics of the major damage sites:

ogsKIDp.png

ycJYJnA.png

It was mainly aesthetic damage, with the loss of a couple of reaction wheels. Also, that destroyer is beautiful.

Hrmm.... Blasphemy! There can be only one Kraken! xD

Pretty cool ship! But it probably can't take the hits that Dread, Brood Mother of Wraiths can :P

One shot into the central body and it's explosions everywhere.

Something like this....

http://i.imgur.com/EOmKUm7.png

Sovereign is complete...

http://i.imgur.com/WNcduit.png

Also the weapons on this capital ship are strong enough to split open the Temeraire from the sides.

Nice, I need to make ships where the armour is independent from the body.

My kraken was designed with aesthetics in mind rather than function. It comes in at around 300 parts so arming it is out of the question.

Nice, I need to make ships where the armour is independent from the body.

My kraken was designed with aesthetics in mind rather than function. It comes in at around 300 parts so arming it is out of the question.

:P The beautiful destroyer up there is clocking at around 400+ parts (with 2 salvos of high kinetic I beams and 3 long range shreddar missiles)

It can take hits pretty well with a combo of hybrid armor, and spike missile trappers.

Also, what is this "Achilles" Broadside you speak of? I want it :)