Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

Spartwo I mean with more than one naval ship. Zekes has a navy?

Again, no you're not. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

Edited by Spartwo

Here we go guys my second battle (against myself again)

HMS Spirit finds an enemy ship near the equator of Laythe.

QBDeesG.png

Spirit fires a full broadside into the enemy ship ripping parts of the hull to shreds

UqjpvzW.png

Spirit then rams the enemy ship, however it does little damage.

ZvEdE0f.png

The enemy ship splits along it's length rendering it helpless, the Spirit then drifts close to the wreckage and mercifully picks up the survivors.

IXjRDkM.png

I know this battle was meaningless but it's fun to post them up.

That looks awesome! It looks like a supersonic jet.

It can reach supersonic speed at high altitude to travel over the sea, but travels at about 200m/s at sea level, which is generally where the target would be.

Daemon, thanks for .craft files, although I haven't been able to test most of them properly becouse of a huuuge lag. But I can say that I learn pretty much about armour and weapons from loading them in SPH (but some of them have so much parts that my KSP sometimes crashes even in SPH :mad: - I think it's time for some minor upgrade to my PC)

Well, I got 4GB, Phenom II 940 and Radeon HD4870 (and HDD from stone age) and it is barely standing my larger crafts, let alone daemon's. Also, Megalodon, If you have something smaller than Zeus but bigger than that carrier fighter, do you fancy for a small battle? Rules would be like I posted on page 93.

P.S. I renew my question to everyone (Spartwo?) - is using mechjeb allowed during a battle or not?

Well, I got 4GB, Phenom II 940 and Radeon HD4870 (and HDD from stone age) and it is barely standing my larger crafts, let alone daemon's. Also, Megalodon, If you have something smaller than Zeus but bigger than that carrier fighter, do you fancy for a small battle? Rules would be like I posted on page 93.

I have a craft with that size in the works as well as the little scout craft i posted earlier, when that's finished ill get all the time i have and we could have a little skirmish.

Okay guys, Britannia Weaponry Ltd is proud to present, the 'Goliath' Class Carrier, (our first one that actually worked) it can carry two 'Imperator' Class fighters and extra ammo for them. However something surprised me when she was finished, so let's play a little game, How many parts do you think she is made of?

o4mrBKo.png

I think I could make such exclusion for you in our skirmish :)

250? I think today is low-part-count-day, cause my new shiny (well, not very) cannon ship (223t!) has only 366

Well, it's a bit much, but my Chelon class destroyer has 306 with weight of 54t, so I consider 366 at 223 tonnes a success. But it is mainly because it's (for now) armed only with a cannon and 20 rounds.

So... I think armor has around 50-70 parts, so it all could have... 180-220?

I have problems with stability only when my PC renders something about (I think) 2000 parts. And even then I can play, but crashes are quite often. Although, when rendering more than 500 parts, I need to get used to getting less than 5fps :(