Space Launch Megathread

iamwearingpants

the next launches are:

- falcon 9/dragon on 22nd of may (probably - if they fix the valve and check the vehicle on time)

- iranian launcher safir will launch an iranian sat fajr on 23rd

- chinese launcher cz-3b will launch a chinese military sat on 25th or 26th

- zenit 3sl will launch a commercial comm sat on 31st

Yea, especially China likes livestreams for spaceflights...(Sarcastic)

china streams commercial launches and human-related launches (e.g. last year they streamed the launch of their station, docking to the station, etc.)

china streams commercial launches and human-related launches (e.g. last year they streamed the launch of their station, docking to the station, etc.)

Do you know where? I haven\'t seen Chines flights being broadcast outside of the really important ones on CCTV itself.

Do you know where? I haven\'t seen Chines flights being broadcast outside of the really important ones on CCTV itself.

on cctv, i think, but will try to find exactly... but they dont have so many commercial flights...

and i don\'t know how it was 2-3yrs ago, or so, because i did not follow space launches at that time... actively started just recently...

And we are in orbit! Hopefully the rest of the mission goes just as well.

What time will SpaceX dock at the ISS?

*Edit*

10:05 am

I guess it\'s time to practice parking the Dragon before they try parking it for real at the ISS... :D

And we are in orbit! Hopefully the rest of the mission goes just as well.

Bit over 3 days from now if I recall right. Lots of in-orbit tests and some maneuvering around the station first.

Must say it was damn cool when bit after clearing the pad they noted the pitchover kick and start of the gravity turn.

'Hey, that worked just like in Kerbal Space Program...' :D

bit of a technicality, but dragon will not dock to the iss... dragon will berth...

docking means the ship comes to the station and connects itself on its/her on power (russian soyuz, progress and european atv) and using its/her own navigational computer...

berthing means the ship comes to the station and stops a few meters away - then the operators on the station use the station arm (aka ssrms or canadarm2), catch the ship with it and attach it to the station (japanese htv, and both dragon and cygnus)...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.