KF-101 Family

Tinkering around with aircraft, I came up with a fairly simple design with surprising versatility. Ladies and gents, the KF-101 Illusion.

U3rBQIa.jpg

DOWNLOAD: https://www./?hrne1i7iqc7m6ga

ChyWUBV.jpg

This download includes:

KF-101 - The default variant.

KF-101/ER - Extended range variant, with drop tanks. Be careful, it is very easy to pitch up or down too hard!

KF-101/SR - Short takeoff variant, with a "catapult" system to accelerate quickly.

KF-101/A - Armed with four underwing bombs, for target practice or blowin' stuff up.

KF-101/R - Docking port, for refuelling.

KF-101/X - Experimental variant, with a slightly slower roll rate, intended for studying the details of flight.

x7AN5ru.jpg

Enjoy your flight!

Nice plane! Love the simple design.

I should point out though that an oxidiser-less T-800 is superior to two Mk1's. Maths to back me up:

T800: 360 units at 2.3 tonnes. Dry mass: 0.5 tonnes

2x MK 1 Fuselage stacked (Same length as a T800), has only 300 units at 2.2 tonnes. Dry mass: 0.7 tonnes

I believe that you get around 9-10 more minutes of thrust on jets.

Edited by Sgt. Cookie

@Cubed @guz, the catapult is a few seperatrons on a decoupler, which serves to both accelerate the thing and lift the nose for short runways or carriers. Tested with the KSc runway and a bat parts carrier, works pretty well.

@Cookie I did not realize that. The main consideration was most LF available, and jet fuselages tend to carry that. I'll experiment, thanks for the idea!

Also, I'm tinkering with a <Skillful> version - that'll be modded, but it will include rockets and a 30mm cannon. So far the stability and maneuvering haven't been affected, so looking good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.