Good missions gone bad

lockpicker

After an encounter with an asteroid and getting it at a stable orbit, I decided to aerobrake it a bit, so that it has a lower orbit. Little did i know of the horrors that would come out of that particular move. So i get it inside Kerbin's atmosphere and i wait for aerobraking. When going for the circularization burn, I realised that i didn't have enough fuel. This is what followed.

B2AF3B610CFE30C10B1D61CC5A95127B2A6CA36C

Bob: "We're too low!"

Mission control: "Indeed Bob you are too low!"

Bill: "What have we done?"

9CFE71CFFBB91C9B2655DC352EACA181136C6C46

9E2FD444AF3F80E9AA7C0A64E71BBCE16234CCAF

Jeb: "Don't worry, we still have the parachutes!"

Bob,Bill: "..."

4CAC202D809876389CBC85BE27C8F31E707C9CC2

This was the last documented picture of that fateful mission.The asteroid could not hold on to the grappler and was ripped of. After about 5 seconds of falling, it splashed down.However, as nothing happened after the splash down mission control has concluded that asteroids are merely made by posters of asteroid pictures held together by glue and struts for rigidness. So no harm was done that day! :D

Oh and a message of warning: Never aerobrake your asteroids, unless you have a lot of fuel to make the circularization burn! :)

Your space program seems to be doing better than mine!

Jebediah was so eager to test out the NEW BOOSTERS, he forgot to come up with a sensible mission plan.

He build a glorious rocket, all by himself.

4DX6Y03.png

This is his current view. He's not sure if the radiator is stuck on max, or if it's something else warming up his capsule.

tUM8RuD.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.