[1.02] Vertical Propulsion Emporium. v0.22b (10th may 2015)

Kerb-fu

This last release has a heat sheild in it too, its still a work in progress but let me know what you think.

It is designed to hinge away from the rocket above it and back again, so that it does not need to be jettisoned and is reusable :wink:

So much knowledge was lost in the collapse of Victorian Civilization :)

I put a dropbox link back on the first post now.

But here is another one....... v0.014a :cool:

Success! Thanks a lot for that. I am glad to see that I am not the only person to have this problem. It seems strange that a group of programmers with the obvious talent that Squad shows seem unable to make a reliable download section.

Utterly brilliant mod, by the way. Keep it up and don't let people talk you into adding 'modern' parts. Keep to the ethos of Steampunk!

Success! Thanks a lot for that. I am glad to see that I am not the only person to have this problem. It seems strange that a group of programmers with the obvious talent that Squad shows seem unable to make a reliable download section.

Utterly brilliant mod, by the way. Keep it up and don't let people talk you into adding 'modern' parts. Keep to the ethos of Steampunk!

Thankyou for the morale boost! :D

I dont know if, but i suspect that the spaceport large download fault is just windows getting bored and loosing interest in the download :sticktongue:

could you look at the animation of the solar panels? they don't have a smooth animation while folding up they kinda pop back into place, bothers me

also having squirts of steam come from the generator while it's making steam would be badass, also more animated parts :D

Can you make a pod that fits planes more nicely? (i don't press you)

I have one nearly done, it just hasnt made the cut for a release yet

- - - Updated - - -

could you look at the animation of the solar panels? they don't have a smooth animation while folding up they kinda pop back into place, bothers me

also having squirts of steam come from the generator while it's making steam would be badass, also more animated parts :D

I will see what can be done :)

The one thing I think you should fix in the near future, is the massive lag created by the steam engine (if possible, of course)

I dont know what is causing that yet, I went through the model yesterday without anything obvious showing up, I will keep at it:wink:

I dont know what is causing that yet, I went through the model yesterday without anything obvious showing up, I will keep at it:wink:

For me it seems more like it's the steam tanks more than the engine. Each steam tank I add increases the lag until it becomes unbearable. But OTOH, the lag stops as soon as I light the engine so maybe it's the engine after all.

For me it seems more like it's the steam tanks more than the engine. Each steam tank I add increases the lag until it becomes unbearable. But OTOH, the lag stops as soon as I light the engine so maybe it's the engine after all.

I actually went over the tank too, I will have a look at them in unity too, in case there is some useless animation included in the file...

I actually went over the tank too, I will have a look at them in unity too, in case there is some useless animation included in the file...

Are you importing the animations? Sometimes Unity will add a huge amount of unneeded keyframes when you import an animation, even on objects that aren't moving.

I think there could be some better balancing between the whale oil engine and the steam engine. As well as a decoupler designed for the steam engine.

Also a longer steam tank would come in handy. Having to stack lots of little steam tanks together makes a pretty bad wobbling problem.

Also, the water boiler is broken at the moment. It will make infinite steam regardless of its supply of water, whale oil, and oxidizer.

I tried making a Steampunk steam ship to Duna that carried water, whale oil, and oxidizer and made steam on demand (since steam cannot be stored forever, a difficulty feature I like). Noticed it on the way.

Otherwise, I llloooovvvveeeee this parts pack! <3

Are you importing the animations? Sometimes Unity will add a huge amount of unneeded keyframes when you import an animation, even on objects that aren't moving.

I do the animations in unity so there should be nothing extra from the modeling software

i notice crippling lag with the spidery landing legs after i deploy them, do they even have suspension?

There is suspension in all the legs, however there is not much, and i am still working on the animation for the suspension, there is not alot of material on how to do it so I am doing alot of reading and experimentation

I think there could be some better balancing between the whale oil engine and the steam engine. As well as a decoupler designed for the steam engine.

Also a longer steam tank would come in handy. Having to stack lots of little steam tanks together makes a pretty bad wobbling problem.

Also, the water boiler is broken at the moment. It will make infinite steam regardless of its supply of water, whale oil, and oxidizer.

I tried making a Steampunk steam ship to Duna that carried water, whale oil, and oxidizer and made steam on demand (since steam cannot be stored forever, a difficulty feature I like). Noticed it on the way.

Otherwise, I llloooovvvveeeee this parts pack! <3

There will be larger parts coming for all the resources, I should have the boiler and generator fixed for the next release :)

LOL! I love this! It's totally not my style (at the moment, anyway), but I can still recognize how friggen cool it is. Was lookin' through your album and was thinking "Oh man, this guy should make a re-skin of the kerbals! I'm gonna suggest it!" and then I got to the end and you already had! Fantastic. How different can you make them? I'd pictured something more like an old deep-sea diving suit, but it occurs to me that there may be limitations.

Adding this to my watchlist of mods that I think are super cool but just not my thing right now.

maybe for rover wheels you could make something that looks like a 1830's British steam locomotive

Thats kind of what i was aiming for, definately industrial steam age as the parts go up the tech tree.:wink:

LOL! I love this! It's totally not my style (at the moment, anyway), but I can still recognize how friggen cool it is. Was lookin' through your album and was thinking "Oh man, this guy should make a re-skin of the kerbals! I'm gonna suggest it!" and then I got to the end and you already had! Fantastic. How different can you make them? I'd pictured something more like an old deep-sea diving suit, but it occurs to me that there may be limitations.

Adding this to my watchlist of mods that I think are super cool but just not my thing right now.

I made the steam punk suit. The first generation was a modification of an existing suit with hints of early divers suits. I'm going for a much better divers suit look in the next one.

I made the steam punk suit. The first generation was a modification of an existing suit with hints of early divers suits. I'm going for a much better divers suit look in the next one.

A next one!!!???!!! :confused:

Your kerbal tailoring skills are remarkable sir, I salute you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.