A funny picture on computing

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Er... no. A copy of Windows 7 Home Premium is $250 in 'Best Buy' and a copy of Snow Leopard is about $60.

But you can\'t run Snow Leopard on a custom built computer. It can only be run on a mac computer, so therefore, its more like...

Windows 7 Home Premium : $250

Snow Leopard : $2060 (IMac included though).

Who gave you that idea. I have a hackintosh. That\'s a non-mac computer with Macintosh OS on it. I have Windows XP, Macintosh OS X Leopard, and Ubuntu all on one computer.

And what\'s the point?

The real advantage of Mac Os is interface and ease of use. If you have to tinker with your machine to run it, that just defeats the purpose...

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Who gave you that idea. I have a hackintosh. That\'s a non-mac computer with Macintosh OS on it. I have Windows XP, Macintosh OS X Leopard, and Ubuntu all on one computer.

I retract my statement. But I still don\'t see the purpose, as most people building there computer most likely want to play a large assortment of games on it.

I\'ll personally say this.

I build computers, for myself and for other people. I cannot build a Mac computer...for anyone. Why? Because you can\'t or you\'ll be hearing 'This is illegal, you know' from lawyers. Also because it\'s nearly impossible to do anyway.

So I go windows, whatever that entails, with whatever compatible system possible.

Mac\'s, Apples and just about everything to do under those respected companies just isn\'t my thing. I don\'t feel good supporting something that is not open sourced, does not endorse community involvement and hides most of their customer service nightmare stories.

But that\'s just my opinion. I like to build, I like to make, I like to play freaking games without being sued.

-Drakomis

I\'ll personally say this.

I build computers, for myself and for other people. I cannot build a Mac computer...for anyone. Why? Because you can\'t or you\'ll be hearing 'This is illegal, you know' from lawyers. Also because it\'s nearly impossible to do anyway.

So I go windows, whatever that entails, with whatever compatible system possible.

Mac\'s, Apples and just about everything to do under those respected companies just isn\'t my thing. I don\'t feel good supporting something that is not open sourced, does not endorse community involvement and hides most of their customer service nightmare stories.

But that\'s just my opinion. I like to build, I like to make, I like to play freaking games without being sued.

-Drakomis

There appearing to the average joe, somebodu who mkaes computers is nt an average joe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.