pause game use CPU resources => true pause

(first wanted to post this in bug section but I guess how it could be considered this way so it's here, despite it's a bug IMHO)

I wonder why when using pause, CPU is still highly used (for "virtually" doing nothing, except playing the music).

My CPU is 13-16% in use (on a multi-core CPU like mine, it means almost 100% CPU use, 100% on the core on which the game runs).

Is there any way to fix this and/or add a true pause in game ?

Most of the game these days seems to have drop the while (1) { ... sleep (a tiny bit of time) } in their main game loop, without this sleep call, even for a very short time like 1 ms, CPU is never "released" by the scheduler for this process, leading to 100% usage + fan throttle close to max speed.

In an era full of eco-lies of all kinds, it would be great to be more system-friendly less selfish (I mean, a program is never alone on a system and SHOULD not think it has the right to use all available resources all time), and not when a potential 1.0 release will be done in a few centuries.

From my experience with Unity, I suspect that remnant of CPU usage is Unity and not something KSP-specific. Even though the game is paused, Unity still does its rendering (mouse pointer, static scene) processes.

From my experience with Unity, I suspect that remnant of CPU usage is Unity and not something KSP-specific. Even though the game is paused, Unity still does its rendering (mouse pointer, static scene) processes.

I suspect it too, seriously mouse pointer managment DOESN'T NEED so much resources !! In KSP, the same thing would be to have 100000 dV to launch 10000 Kgs into a circular 100 kms orbit. Does it seems really crazy here ? The same with a so big CPU usage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.