Titan XI Fuel Carrier

Reliable, 110-part Fuel ship. 100% stock, not even info mods used. No clipping either. Clipping just feels like cheating to me.

Can easily reach 150KM round low orbit, weighing in at 1,138 tons and carrying 88,560 fuel. Uses 18 SAS modules and four generators to keep itself stable, and has docking ports for all 3 dock sizes.

I typically get the best results when turning beginning around 14,000 meters. There always seems to be enough fuel in the last stage of lift boosters to park the ship in any orbit you desire under 200Km. Due to the way the later stages use the central engine, you will have to transfer some excess fuel out of the boosters back into the core ship before decoupling the last stage. It's a minor inconvenience which will be corrected in Titan XII.

If you're wondering why I never used a nosecone, just know I haven't unlocked the large nosecone.

Meet the Titan Eleven.

xV8TaQ8.png

http://imgur.com/a/67IzP

Craft File:

http://www./download/t85f0qlvfgpu3bs/Titan_XI_Fuel_Carrier.rar

Edited by Camaron

So....I've built a 1,435 - ton Titan XII, but it likes to just... Wobble itself to pieces for no reason.....AFTER a fully stable launch, and acheiving a perfect 300KM orbit with it's 100,000 fuel. (and ejecting the last boosters which took proper strutting with them

I know I can probably fix this with some simple struts, (and will, by the time anyone even reads this post), but is anyone else getting this Kraken-like SAS-based self-annihilating behavior? I've encountered this with at least six totally different crafts.

This is Titan Twelve, BTW.

5qeZWwQ.png

As I hoped, the new strutted version is solid and doesn't exhibit "Sassy-Kraken Death-Wobble." It's essentially the same, except I added fuel tanks of various sizes at the tip in place of the fuselage structural part, for easy even-distribution purposes. The new version only squeaked out a 160KM orbit. I probably just started turning too sharply/early. Heavy ships just hate that atmosphere drag. I've also got ideas on how to build a crime against Kerbal-kind, Titan Thirteen. My goal is to exceed 2,000 tons / 150,000 units of fuel with one ship.

I won't be attempting that in full yet. I have the i7 4820K coming in a few days to replace my doddering old IBM-brand Xeon W3520 system. I feel like I should be able to launch over 1,000 parts with a blazing proc like that! (Currently starting to chug pretty harshly around 600. 900? Forget it.

Edited by Camaron

• 2 weeks later...

Preview of Titan Thirteen. I'll be polishing it off once the new computer is built and I can get more than 1FPS on this thing.

At 2,200+ tons and carrying over 170,000 units of fuel, it more than meets my goal.

xvnmotZ.png

CWnOdso.png

Edited by Camaron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.