I'm (attempting) to make a mod!

xxjetterxx

So I have a few questions:

A): Is 5464 tris too much for the ship? (it will be an all-in-one pod/wing/engine with infinite fuel).

B): is there any way to make the entire part reflective? I did this in Sculptris and I don't know if it will behave well in Unity.

C): Would you guys be interested in seeing the model so far?

Thanks!

It's just a small shuttle-like alien pod. Think of it as some kind of kraken ship. Here's an image to give you an idea: http://imgur.com/cxJFrMo

Note: I'll try to use reflective shaders plugin to get the gooey effect in that photo to transfer to KSP. I used a shader on the sculpting program, but it won't transfer to unity.

So I have a few questions:

A): Is 5464 tris too much for the ship? (it will be an all-in-one pod/wing/engine with infinite fuel).

B): is there any way to make the entire part reflective? I did this in Sculptris and I don't know if it will behave well in Unity.

C): Would you guys be interested in seeing the model so far?

Thanks!

A) No problem, some individual parts have as many triangles as your whole intended vessel (and a traditional ship could have many such parts)

B) You could give it 100% specular and also wind up the KSP\specular shader values in Unity and it would be shiny as all hell, but to be actually reflective you'd need a plugin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.