All hands lost :( Oh and look up info before journey to eve

Turvok

Well made the presumption that eve has an atmosphere so jet engines would work.. Guess that's what i got for trying to shortcut landing on eve!. Got a kerb landed, not enough TWR to even take off with just the 5 LV-909's. That and i dove a little deep into the atmosphere of eve and krashed my pusher vehicle.. Guess i'm back to the drawing board.. Knew that seemed too easy!

Do jet engines work on Lathe?

jet engines needs air with oxygen for combustion to happens at the internal chamber... :P

Lol i realize this, what i didn't know was if Eve had oxygen or not, i gambled without looking it up... And failed hard..

On a side note. I did use the exact same ship and launch it again from kerbin to go and land on lathe and return. So my concept was right at least.

I did find one oversight which turned into a major oops.. I put 4 tailwings and control surfaces on it. 1 of which partially blocked my ladders. I was able to get rosey down but not up. Luckily I quicksaved right before getting out. But I was able to stay on the ladder and get my surface sample. Etc. I just wasn't able to plant a flag.

Lathe trip netted 1900 science. Without any extra fly by of Jool or its other moons. Almost got the tree completely unlocked. So happy about that.

If anyone does similar.. Helpful hints would be to set control groups for rocket engines and jet engines. Would have made the take off a lot smoother. (eject Jets and manually right click and activate each of the Lv-909 while doing 1200 ± m/s in atmosphere was not fun. Lol.)

Edited by Turvok
Grammer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.