3.75m RCS tanks, and bigger RCS ports

While playing with the new parts, I happened to get my 2nd stage, a 3.75m stage, into orbit. Then, I really started wanting a 3.75m RCS tank. Of course, it would take 20 million small RCS jets to cover the tank. Speaking of which, on to my next suggestion: bigger RCS ports/jets for 2.5m interplanetary stages.

I'm imagining the 3.75m tank to look like a thin strip, sort of like the other versions of up scaled parts:

TR-XL Stack Separator, Clamp-O-Tron Sr. Docking Port and Z-4K Rechargeable Battery Bank. And not have too much more fuel than the FL-R1 RCS Fuel Tank already has. That would be cool.

I'd like to see a 3.75m stack separator so I could launch uber big orbital fuel storage tanks. that said it would be nice to have 3.75m docking ports and some 3.75m habitation and science modules, perhaps a microgravity research lab could be made which would allow a constant trickle of science.

There are quite a few 3.75m parts missing actually. Others have mentioned stack separators and RCS tanks, but thats just the tip of the iceberg. We also lack: nosecones, fuselage parts, a number of different 3.75-to-other-sizes adapters, 3.75 multiple node adapters, a number of fuel cans of different lengths, a stackable probe core, a reaction wheel, stackable battery, not to mention a whole host of structural parts

NovaPunch mods has just the items you are looking for. 4x more powerful thrusters, 3.75m RCS mono prop tank, 3.75m SAS, and 3.75 stack separators. The updated to 0.23.5 version is performing much better with the joint connections much stronger then before.

A sets of normal thrusters is more then adequate to control a 3.75m stage in orbit when it is unpowered. Like the real thing, you just need a couple of minutes to turn it 180*

Edit, this ship uses 3.75 and 5 meter parts from NovaPunch. It is a lot easier to build in 0.23.5

zRrKoZ7.jpg

cGI4Rs3.jpg

Edited by SRV Ron

The 3.75 meter parts are mostly for launchers right now. They weren't made to be used to much in space, only used to get big things into space. So idk about adding any more 3.75 meter parts in general. I could only see a larger SAS module to help handle the largest of rockets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.