[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

I'm not sure if this is my hardware or not but as awesome as this pack is, it really kills my fps. On normal EVE is runs just like KSP runs in vanilla but with this it cuts my fps from 30 to about 15. I have tried the high res, med res, and low res, but that didn't change anything. I can run other games with high settings like Arma 3 or DayZ. Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm trying to figure out the cause of the lag too. I'll post an update if I find anything.

how do you install the lens flare on mac?
For mac users, the sharedassets10 file is accessed by right clicking KSP.app and selecting show package contents. It is in the contents/data folder
I also don't know if that Unity Explorer program works on Mac.

It doesn't.

Well, if my problem is in any way related to this, let me fill you in some details.

I'm running Linux 64, so memory limit should be a non-issue.

I've only noticed slowdown on, or orbiting and looking at, Kerbin. (Kerbin is the only place I have tested that has an atmosphere)

There is no difference in what resolution pack I use.

Using alt-N, if I either delete or reset the cloud layers to default EVE, the problems go away. I have to delete ALL the cloud layers though, and even adjusting them (turning off volumetric cloud layers, for example) doesn't do anything.

Hope that helps!

Well, if my problem is in any way related to this, let me fill you in some details.

I'm running Linux 64, so memory limit should be a non-issue.

I've only noticed slowdown on, or orbiting and looking at, Kerbin. (Kerbin is the only place I have tested that has an atmosphere)

There is no difference in what resolution pack I use.

Using alt-N, if I either delete or reset the cloud layers to default EVE, the problems go away. I have to delete ALL the cloud layers though, and even adjusting them (turning off volumetric cloud layers, for example) doesn't do anything.

Hope that helps!

So if you deleted every single cloud layer but one, the problems are still there? You have to delete every single cloud layer in the pack itself, or just kerbin?

Are you using custom asteroids? If so, how many asteroids do you have in your current save?(TRACKED AND UN KNOWN)

I tried it with only the BoulderCo or clouds part with a different and it runs a bit faster, not much though. Weird, because I get almost no lag with Astronomer's pack. :huh:

So if you deleted every single cloud layer but one, the problems are still there? You have to delete every single cloud layer in the pack itself, or just kerbin?

By deleting all of Kerbin's cloud layers, I have no more lag on Kerbin. I really need to get a big ship to another planet and test it there. Duna ahoy!

That looks normal to me.

go look at the original post. or zoom in. whichever one. they're not the same patter as the BA ones, and they don't have nice shadows

go look at the original post. or zoom in. whichever one. they're not the same patter as the BA ones, and they don't have nice shadows

Is it because you're using low res version? It looks like a low res version of the pattern.

By deleting all of Kerbin's cloud layers, I have no more lag on Kerbin. I really need to get a big ship to another planet and test it there. Duna ahoy!

So even if you have one cloud layer remaining(doesn't matter which one), you still get it? Or is it only when you have a certain layer left?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.