[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

I noticed that there isn't a better atmospheres folder inside the download. I've got texture replacer, custom asteroids, RSS, boulderco, kittopiaspace, and EVE

where did you even downloaded it??

I still can't get the clouds working, I re-installed everything

by not working how? no clouds? no better atmosphere clouds? or you didnt get rid of the "evil" clouds

and jool's rings aren't appearing

Thats clearly a problem with your kittopia installment

ı am thinking your folders got corrupted, even your "install" files, delete every folder you have related to your problems one way or the other, clean re-download from here, follow instructions and give it a go. obviously you did something wrong and everything you have is no longer working. best way to delete and do a clean re install

Can someone explain to me why the Mun looks like this? I was not aware it had an atmosphere.

Fv9Y05V.png

There's a kind of opaque 'cloud' layer (i.e. an extremely low-res shell of the mun that looks nice at a distance but kinda terrible nearby) that suddenly disappears in a circle around the camera at ~4 km? It's making it pretty hard to see the ground I want to land on.

I have v5 medium res installed.

Can someone explain to me why the Mun looks like this? I was not aware it had an atmosphere.

http://i.imgur.com/Fv9Y05V.png

There's a kind of opaque 'cloud' layer (i.e. an extremely low-res shell of the mun that looks nice at a distance but kinda terrible nearby) that suddenly disappears in a circle around the camera at ~4 km? It's making it pretty hard to see the ground I want to land on.

I have v5 medium res installed.

thats a layer but not exacly acloud one, thats the one that adds muns glow, although in my installment mun glow fades as i approach far away not when i am about to land

where did you even downloaded it??

by not working how? no clouds? no better atmosphere clouds? or you didnt get rid of the "evil" clouds

Thats clearly a problem with your kittopia installment

ı am thinking your folders got corrupted, even your "install" files, delete every folder you have related to your problems one way or the other, clean re-download from here, follow instructions and give it a go. obviously you did something wrong and everything you have is no longer working. best way to delete and do a clean re install

yep, no BA clouds, just EVE clouds, and I DID do a clean install

I'm also getting this effect:

76h4O2R.png

Changing fade distance and rim distance change the height at which it occurs, but it seems no matter what the values on the 45km atmo layer (layer 5) are there's a jarring atmo transition :(

I'm also getting this effect:

http://i.imgur.com/76h4O2R.png

Changing fade distance and rim distance change the height at which it occurs, but it seems no matter what the values on the 45km atmo layer (layer 5) are there's a jarring atmo transition :(

I had the same issue when using EVE 7.1. When i installed EVE 7.3 the issue was resolved.

Hope it helps

I had the same issue when using EVE 7.1. When i installed EVE 7.3 the issue was resolved.

Hope it helps

It has!

I found that setting the fadedist to 120 was just enough to fix it... well, to make that layer of atmosphere disappear from near-ground view.7.3 seems to set the fadedist at 200 by default (and the scaled fadedist at 1000).

Thanks for the tips :)

yep, no BA clouds, just EVE clouds, and I DID do a clean install

well im out, have you actualy deleted files from game folder and downloaded a new though, i dont think the game is realizing there is a new mod installed

Hi, I'm trying to use Better Atmospheres to give Kerbin rings. But it isn't working, this is what I'm doing:

In the SaveLoad folder in the KittopiaSpace folder, i copied and pasted the Jool.cfg and made another one and renamed it Kerbin.cfg. Then i went into the new Kerbin.cfg and changed the "PlanetJool" near the top to "PlanetKerbin", and then saved and exited it. I then went into the Textures folder in the KittopiaSpace folder, deleted the kerbin_ring.png, copied and pasted the jool_ring.png and renamed it kerbin_ring.png. That's all i did, and when i start the game absolutely nothing is different. Could some one help me fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm trying to use Better Atmospheres to give Kerbin rings. But it isn't working, this is what I'm doing:

In the SaveLoad folder in the KittopiaSpace folder, i copied and pasted the Jool.cfg and made another one and renamed it Kerbin.cfg. Then i went into the new Kerbin.cfg and changed the "PlanetJool" near the top to "PlanetKerbin", and then saved and exited it. I then went into the Textures folder in the KittopiaSpace folder, deleted the kerbin_ring.png, copied and pasted the jool_ring.png and renamed it kerbin_ring.png. That's all i did, and when i start the game absolutely nothing is different. Could some one help me fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Because of the way Kittopiatech generates rings, you may have to experiment with the inner, and outer radius parameters. Iirc, kerbin should have an inner radius of something like 20000, and an outer radius of anything greater than that.

This is amazing. I just installed and played medium, then high resolution to make sure I could handle it, didn't get Turiel's problem though.

I only want one thing: to make Jool a jewel in the sky again with Alternis' coloration. Can I replace the B&W textures in BoulderCo or is it more complicated than that? I expect it is, which is why I'm asking.

It wouldn't by chance be possible for someone to make a drag-and-drop sharedassets10 would it? I can't seem to get the assets explorer to download for me. Would make life a lot easier for me. Thanks!

The problem is I have no idea if the Assets are share-able.

This is amazing. I just installed and played medium, then high resolution to make sure I could handle it, didn't get Turiel's problem though.

I only want one thing: to make Jool a jewel in the sky again with Alternis' coloration. Can I replace the B&W textures in BoulderCo or is it more complicated than that? I expect it is, which is why I'm asking.

You might be able to get the regular clouds working(I don't use AK, so I have no clue.), but the atmosphere effects will take your own custom editing to work.

FWIW, Astronomer did it with his pack. (Note: this doesn't answer the question of if it's legal)

If he put it in there, and he was on Modding Mondays, then it's probably safe to do so. Though if somebody who knows if it's legal or not says otherwise, I'm taking it out instantly.

So I installed the mod and everything looks AMAZING. But I can't seem to get Kerbol to shine white. Is there a special place I should be sticking the .dds file?

Thanks!

It requires using a Unity Explorer program (linked in the OP via another post) to replace it. Or, you could download the file TSG posted and put it in KSP_Data, overwriting the sharedassets10.assets file already there.

For mac users, the sharedassets10 file is accessed by right clicking KSP.app and selecting show package contents. It is in the contents/data folder

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/07/article-2357946-1AB50783000005DC-377_968x637.jpg

The "yellow" appearance is due to the light passing through the Earth's atmosphere.

Would there be a way to make it so that it is yellow in the atmosphere and white outside?

For mac users, the sharedassets10 file is accessed by right clicking KSP.app and selecting show package contents. It is in the contents/data folder

Would there be a way to make it so that it is yellow in the atmosphere and white outside?

That's what we're working on. EVE currently doesn't allow us to make this effect work, but hopefully in the new version it will.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.