[Showcase] Showoff Your Rep-Worthy Crafts

Chukar drone, FAR, BDarmory, Ven's revamp, TweakScale.

http://imgur.com/a/2nirU

1 mach top speed, 1.2 hours endurance at that speed. I use it for Kerbin exploration - it is light on partcount, and of course as target drone.

I really like the landing gear tripod launcher you came up with for this instead of depending on a launch clamp! Looking at the staging, it looks like it launches via a decoupler and some separatrons as the main engine comes up to speed. It also means a vehicle with some kind of clamp or winch could pick the whole thing up and carry it somewhere and set it down for later use, rather than depend on launching it from a runway or launchpad. Ingenious!

Exactly. :P That was the idea, I hate launch clamps on runway. I've modified staging after that, now I let the main engine to spool up before launching.

That tripod uses smallest radial recoupler from ven's stock revamp, and 2x-cubic-octogonal-strut from same mod. It also uses one of those decouplers per side with 3 separatrons attached to them.

I mostly hyperedit them to launch locations, or remove legs and attach whole thing to wheeled chassis via the cubic strut. Setting up BDarmory sceneries without hyperedit.... Ugh.

I can post that tripod as subassembly, and whole craft as well. You'll need mods installed tho.

Edited by sashan

H3_-_D77H-TCI.pngVS4503D1A6CA37DA9E33014CC3B7EDBD8625039A70

I wanted to rival the Pelican dropship form Halo and after many iterations, got a SSTO dropship working with a rear cargo bay door & ramp. It can't match the Pelican's lifting power but I believe it's got it beat in in-atmosphere speed, it has a smaller cross section, it has interplanetary travel capability like the Pelican if refuelling, and has overhead cargo bay doors for greater internal cargo loading and unloading flexibility.

It's capable of 100x100km LKO if using VTOL briefly.56ED4835640A489CE9AD93E08DD732D3C6900383Vehicles can load through the rear ramp & door though it's difficult & ship must kneel backwards (rover flipped in this case):20A5BA22300D7422AAA279463A34A775FBD69B46Rear cargo bay closed:E0697343111B149FD265536263951FCA195B302FInternal superstructure that initially docks the rover and has a docking port for refuelling (older version shown below):0E32E68CF1A3B05A3B020AF50D23F4B833CE8D71

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Although ive made variations of this in the past, this is the 1st BaseStar influenced carriera that im 100% happy with, given its 250 parts ONLY, can aerobrake (wut), and is a fully functional STOCK ship that can carry other vessels, weapons, kerbals, toasters, ect. Its not a replica per say, since i had to rotate the top 180 degrees to make it symmetrical and stable in atmo during aerobraking maneuvers (not sure if BSG basetars could actually rotate the halves or not though), but it defenetely gets the general shape and style right. Fits 18 small missiles, 6 medium missiles, 8 small fighters (Macey's Mosquito size things will fit, anything based on MK1 hull, most small drones, ect), and 10 kerbals (or toasters if and when we get the ability to replace kerbal models with other things). Armor actually exixts, but like most ships that lack true armoring, it dies to anything larger then 0.6m very quickly. Range is above average given how massive this thing is, which is further increased if successful aerobraking is availeable (duna, laythe, jool, kerbin, unless the velocities are extremely excessive itll aerobrake either all the way or near all the way with just a little bit of engines needed later). The craft if anyone is interested is uploaded to the craft repository in my company page.

Lots of people have made Colonial Vipers (myself included) but has anyone ever really attempted a Cylon Raider? I mean a classic old-school original series one? Surely the Vipers need something to square off against, yes?

Well, I've been looking into it. :cool:

It's not quite ready for prime-time yet. Still has some bugs to iron out. But it FLIES LEGIT! :D

J7e0WMW.png

jABF1ZH.png

cMbWiAg.png

8a0AOFl.png

BY YOUR COMMAND!

(Insert "wom wom" eye sweep noise")

EMOP K502, modelled after a toy plane I own.

Please post a photo of that plane. :P

I actually make a JetCat, every guy that is familiar with RC planes would reckognize it. It uses FAR, and is one of the best flyers in my arsenal.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Last pic is my Krafale posted earlier, JetCat is in background.

AWACS plane you can see in one of pics is RATOL plane from old OPT spaceplane release, but heavily modified to work with FAR, use Baha's landing gear and carry weapons.

Please post a photo of that plane. :P

I actually make a JetCat, every guy that is familiar with RC planes would reckognize it. It uses FAR, and is one of the best flyers in my arsenal.

http://imgur.com/a/ccK2g

Last pic is my Krafale posted earlier, JetCat is in background.

AWACS plane you can see in one of pics is RATOL plane from old OPT spaceplane release, but heavily modified to work with FAR, use Baha's landing gear and carry weapons.

Can't find any pics of it online, and I have no clue how I would get a pic of it on the laptop. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.