Question: How to set default RGB values for lights in the .cfg files?

So now that we can adjust the color of the lights in the VAB, I figure there has to be a way to set the default RGB values in the config file. Unfortunately, it's not already defined in there so I'm wondering if there are variables that can be used to set the default. I like my spotlights to have a realistically warm glow so I tone down the blue a few notches in order to create that effect. Thanks in advance!

Or just make your light a subassmebly with the appropriate values, and use that instead of the regular ones.

That's actually a really good idea. I've already done this with docking ports that have down-scaled floodlights and colored navigation lights attached. I was also hoping to be able to create a 'welded' part by combining part modules in a .cfg file.

Wait, when could we adjus Tthe color of the lights?

*planns prank on ksc staff where the entire ksc grounds turn red*

Well, I meant you can adjust the color of the stock spotlights and such, not the color of the building's lighting itself. :)

Well, I meant you can adjust the color of the stock spotlights and such, not the color of the building's lighting itself. :)

Lol I didn't mean the building lights,

But how do you change the color of the spotlights on ships?

I think I figured it out, by going into the subassembly craft file I had.

{
name = ModuleLight
isEnabled = True
isOn = False
lightR = 1
lightG = 1
lightB = 0.65
}

Lol I didn't mean the building lights,

But how do you change the color of the spotlights on ships?

You right click on the light when you're in the VAB/SPH. Then you can individually adjust the red, green, and blue values.

I think I figured it out, by going into the subassembly craft file I had.

{
name = ModuleLight
isEnabled = True
isOn = False
lightR = 1
lightG = 1
lightB = 0.65
}

You right click on the light when you're in the VAB/SPH. Then you can individually adjust the red, green, and blue values.

:o you learn something new every day...

:o you learn something new every day...

I think it was only added in the recent ARM update. I was tickled when I discovered it. Don't think it made the patch notes.

I think it was only added in the recent ARM update. I was tickled when I discovered it. Don't think it made the patch notes.

It was mentioned in some of the youtube videos from people who get the new version before it gets released (scott manley comes to mind). I think it got drowned out in the ASTEROIDS, ASTEROIDS, WE HAVE ASTEROIDS, OMG I DOCKED WITH AN ASTEROID, LOOK AT MY ASTEROID SPACESTATION etc posts and no one noticed we can change lights, the joints have been enforced and the ion drive has been tweaked to be more powerful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.