Paraglider modelling question

Hello,

I decided to do a radial-mounted paraglider for my (poor?) kerbals, but before i start i must know a few things :

1)How do you model correctly a parachute ?

i heard there is 3 parts in a parachute in KSP: the holder that...holds the chute, the cap that pops out when you deploy the chute, and the canopy wich is the chute itself. How do i setup this in blender ?

2)How do you define attachment nodes for a radial thing ?

3) How do i (if it\'s possible) setup my .cfg to do a paraglider that works, it slows the craft a little but not enough to stop its lateral velocity so the craft gently glides.

Please answer,

Emilio

There is no way to make a paraglider in the game at current. Parachutes are just that, they produce drag, not lift. It might be possible for someone to make a paraglider in code once we have documentation for the part loader.

Oh, so bad ... :(

So, when we\'re waiting for the module loader i can try to do a purely visual paraglider (has only 2 DragCoeff) and attach invisible, high-lifting winglets to simulate gliding maybe ?

Ydoow: That wouldn\'t be deployable and, due to the buggy behaviour of default wings, unrealistic.

Though I think what you\'re thinking of would be similar to a bug I found with my re-coded wings in deep stall: (This is not intended or realistic behaviour)

I could certainly consider adapting the code, once working, to work deployably, and even sway about above its mounting point. I expect many explosions due to poor balance. Though I won\'t be moving on to this immediately, as I have other aircraft projects to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.