Jool-5 challange: The KSP Reluctence [WIP - Build stage]

Kamuchi

Greetings!

Looking at all the awsome creations some of you have made, I decided to startup KSP again, give my hand at this challange and start having some fun again :D

From a fresh install I grabbed some mods, slapped some rocket parts and went on science frenzy on Minmus and Mun to get atleast a few parts to play with.

As you can see from the mod list and discoverd tech tree, I am missing all the cool toys that come with the mods, but that is where the biggest fun part ontop of this challange comes for me.

The goal:

Launch something more then just a Jool taxi, first attempt at a permanent pressence in the solar system

Deploy a sat network from scratch during this mission, thinking to take along 20 short + 4 long range initially.

Kathene dropship in the back able to mine and bring fuel up to the ship without leaving junk on the surface so it can do duty in the entire solar system.

Couple of landers with a full science pack, yay! seriously, I need science!

Search&rescue ship with long range ability as I tend to strand my Kerbals randomly without fuel :huh:

Deploy a permanent kathene base at Minmus where the first refuel will happen as those 5 tanks alone hold 300 ton of liquid wich will never get off the ground!

Not doing it for points, but will try to follow the rules as it`s pure for entertainment! Yes, no warp drive... :D

This is going to be alot of building and most likely a headache trying to actually get it parked in Minmus`s orbit, but that`s half the fun!

If it ever gets off the ground, literally, I`ll find another challange to build the next version with all that sweet science it will hopefully bring back :kiss:

If you`re wondering what is in those toolboxes: struts, more struts, alot of struts and a couple of pipe end points to counter stupidity with fuel lines.

No retry after reaching Minmus, fix along the way, Bill gets grounded... :rolleyes:

What you see here is ~1/4th the ship the ship I have in mind, to give you an idea of the scale with these low tech parts xD

Excuses for the tiny pics, you may need to adjust your monitor slightly to 5700x1080 :confused:

The build, redesign & scratch stage:

Day 1

Javascript is disabled. View full album

#1: This is to much fun, thank god for sickleave, might need a week to finish this full time! :sticktongue:

Edited by Kamuchi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.