More Optimization with Unity 5

I know, this game must be pretty well optimized if I'm playing it AT ALL on a Pentium processor and Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset, 32 bit operating system, with 2 GB of RAM. That's low end. Yet, I'm still playing the game, and I really like it. However, I do get frame rate drops more often than not, especially on the ground and when re-entering the atmosphere, so I'm asking about this.

Unity 5 is soon to be released, if it hasn't been already. Part of the big "Unity 5" update is a new Multi-Threaded job system. Are you planning to incorporate this into KSP? If you did, I believe the game would be much lower in system requirements.

Other than that, I love this game. Even though I haven't made it out of the atmosphere once (giant boosters on a tiny plane are just too tempting), I really have a lot of fun with it. At this point, I think it would do fine if it were released today as a full game rather than early access, and the fact that you have refused to call it a full game at this point just makes me think that something huge is coming up next for the game. Keep it up!

Unfortunately, "Multithreading" and "Changing the game engine" (although it's the same engine, just a different version) are on the what not to suggest list, due to being suggested so much. As far as I know, the game is already multithreaded, but the physics are only on a single thread as the physics engine Unity uses is not multithreaded. There isn't much the KSP developers can do about that, I'm afraid.

I am positive that the game will be ported to Unity 5 after it comes out. It may take a while to do that, however. In any case, since this is on the what not to suggest list, thread locked. Have a nice day.