´roids? tracking? what?

so I figure there is at least one thing to do with those small to huge thingies - capture them and plaster LKO until no kerbal will ever leave kerbin in a rocket - ever.

but how do I track their trajectory? I´ve seen in a Scott Manley video that he had the trajectories but my game only shows the approx. positions with a "?"

what do I have to do / research to see where they are actually going? guessing is beyond my delta-V capacity mostly :D

Edited by Hunne

so I figure there is at least one thing to do with those small to huge thingies - capture them and plaster LKO until no kerbal will ever leave kerbin in a rocket - ever.

but how do I track their trajectory? I´ve seen in a Scott Manley video that he had the trajectories but my game only shows the approx. positions with a "?"

what do I have to do / research to see where they are actually going? guessing is beyond my delta-V capacity mostly :D

Click on a question mark in the tracking station, then click on the button in the lower-left corner that shows an antenna (the mouseover should say something like "Track"). No technology required. You can also untrack a tracked asteroid using one of those buttons.

Just be careful not to track each and every asteroid you see, because the game will take that as license to make more asteroids.

Just be careful not to track each and every asteroid you see, because the game will take that as license to make more asteroids.

Plus, all their tracks really clutter up the map.

What you do is decide on the size of asteroid you want to tackle. Then work your way tracking the unknowns. If it's not the right size, untrack it. If you have several of the desired size, look at their trajectories and see which one looks most convenient. Leave the track for it and untrack the others. Then go catch it. Once finished, repeat the above steps if you want to catch another.

Asteroids can be totally ignored if desired because they do no harm. And untracked asteroids eventually disappear and are replaced with new unknowns.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.