Help - rocket runs out of energy with some wierd bug?

Right so i made a simple rocket, not the first time, it designed to fly to Minimus and back.

I used this design many times before and never had this problem.

In the screenshot bellow you see my rocket on its way to Minimus,

its SAS is turned on and consumes 0.01 energy, when i turn it off it still remains 0.01.

I also have MechJeb, but i turned it off.

The problem starts when i boost the time to get to Minimus... the 0.01 quickly turned to 0.50 every 0.3 seconds.

By the time i get to Minimus i spend all my 437 units of energy!

How can it be? I used this rocket before and never had this problem!

Is this a MechJeb bug or something?

Untitled.jpg

I believe what is happening is that the Mechjeb unit on your ship is consuming the power (0.01 units per second). When you time warp, the game automatically multiplies the power consumption by the rate of time warp, so that's why you see the increased drain.

Mechjeb costs power. Always

You can't 'turn off' baterys, you simply stop them from draining the same way you can stop fuel tanks from draining.

By clicking that 'turn off' button on a battery, you prevent whatever it is that costs power from taking power out of that battery

You can turn off the power in one of the components to prevent it from draining too far. That especially for probes so you can recover them after long warps. If you have the small single solar panel available stick a few of em on to avoid this issue.

Yeah during that specific mission i didn't had solar panels yet, but after it i gained 500 science points so now i have solar panels :P

P.S

Does the processing lab replaces the normal lab or do i have to use them both?

If you mean the SC-9001 Science Jr. (AKA the Materials Bay) and the Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2, they're two completely different things. The former is an experiment, run it to get science. The latter is used to improve the results from transmitting experiments, store repeat runs of an experiment, and allow reuse of experiments that are otherwise single-use (ie the Goo and the Sci Jr).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.