Demo Challenges

Hello Kerbalnauts.I thought I'd be fun to have some challenges for KSP's demo.So here are the challenges and there rules.

Rule #1 It has to be the Demo.

Rule #2 No mods.

Rule #3 You have to have screenshots of the craft and there stats.

Orbiter Challenge:

Easy.Right?Maybe not so easy?Orbital hight gets you gets you lets say +20 points to every 100 meters.+20 points of a single stage orbiter,+10 point for returning to Kerbin,and -5 points for every part used.You have to have your orbital hight and part count in the pics.

Mun Landing:

A classic challenge.This has two different path to point though.You get 200 point for landing,+ 50 point for returning,-5 point for everything that breaks off your lander,and -5 point for every stage.Here's where it gets fun,if your going for smallest lander,every part is -2 points,but if your going for largest lander,you get +2 point for every part.

Space Station:

The bigger the station the better your score.You start with 100 point then get 2 for every part that's on it.

Hope y'all like the challenge and can't wait to see what y'all can do.

Hehe. I remember playing the demo, after fiddling a bit, it became my sole objective to crash a ship into the sun.

I remember it being quite difficult. It's probably much easier now that I know how to play and how things work. But perhaps you may want to add that as a challenge objective?

Hehe. I remember playing the demo, after fiddling a bit, it became my sole objective to crash a ship into the sun.

I remember it being quite difficult. It's probably much easier now that I know how to play and how things work. But perhaps you may want to add that as a challenge objective?

Maybe,maybe.

You should not make points based on parts, instead make it based on mass. Otherwise someone can get a lot of points from the "largest lander" by having lots of tiny parts in a tiny lander, for example.

And the yellow "Space Station" text is very hard to read. Make it some other color.

I have made a rocket capable of going to the moon and it is only 2 stages it does however need another stage to land normal and not crash land. I cannot get the screenshot working...

Edited by LABHOUSE

You cannot make space stations in the demo, though, as you don't have docking ports.

That never stopped people trying to make them before we got docking ports :P

Besides, a space station doesn't have to be a multiple-launch structure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.