Jebidiah stuck in solar orbit

Hello forums,

I was on my way to Duna like any normal day. I decoupled my ship only to find that there is a bi-coupler in front of my two nuclear engines. Now for some reason when I fire my engines thy produce no thrust but suck up fuel. Can anyone help me??http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/smilies/k_undecided.gif

Yeah, like Taki says. Pics would help and maybe a save file.

Also, I'm not sure what level of "help" you'll want. Are you asking for a fix for the ship or are you asking for help setting up a rescue mission?

I assume that you have build your ship (From top to bottom) this way:

• Payload
  • tank for nuclear engines
  • nuclear engines
  • bi-coupler, witch is mounted top-down so both nuclear engines are covered
  • stack-decoupler/-seperator at the single node of the bi-coupler and attached to the stack-seperator any other parts of the ship (witch should be debris by now)

If this is correct you have only two choices:

• To use the RCS-thrusters (if you have any mounted) to create an impact with your debris from the seperation before to cause the bicoupler to explode kerballike,
  • or to rebuild your ship (and starting a rescue-mission for Jeb).

Thats because with bi-/tri-/quad-couplers/-adapters you can merge things together, they don't act as seperators! And in your case that means: The bi-coupler is fitted to the nuclear engines witch may running, but doesn't produce enough heat and force that the bi-coupler would be destroyed. And therefore their exaust hits an obstacle (the bi-coupler) and eliminating their thrust (1. Newton's law).

Addition:

Mounted in the normal way the couplers/adapters have an fuel-crossfeed to an engine below - mounted in reverse means: no fuel-crossfeed (you can overcome this with additional fuellines).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.