[WIP, Plugin] Wheel telemetry mod v1

Wheel telemetry mod v1

NOTE: This thread is outdated, as this mod is no longer WIP. New thread HERE.

This is a simple plugin that shows information about a rover wheel on the right-click menu. The info includes: RPM, forward slip in m/s, sideways slip in m/s, mass (of the WheelCollider, not the part), radius and maximal suspension distance. I made this mainly for plugin makers to tweak their wheels.

AbhjbnN.png

The sliders are from TweakableWheels

Download v1 (Dropbox)

To install, copy the contents of the "Gamedata" folder into your actual GameData. This plugin requires ModuleManager to work, which is included in the download, and you only need to copy ModuleManager.dll if you don't already have it.

v2 to do list :

- Advanced friction and suspension information (i need to find a way to hide KSPFields at runtime, otherwise the right-click menu would be HUGE).

- Fix display bugs

License:

This mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

88x31.png

Edited by ThermalShark

After a major update, i decided to repost this on the (non-WIP) add-ons category. After all, this plugin already shows all relevant information possible, and i am not going to update it regularly anymore. Here is a change log:

- Added a lot more variables, there are 18 now, compared to 6 before.

- Because of this, there are now 4 "modes": "basic", "forward friction", "sideways friction" and "suspension & misc".

- Information now refreshes 10 times per second instead of 6,6.

- Added units for all variables (units as in "0.15 meters")

- Fixed visual bugs

New thread

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.